IGNORED

THE TRANS-ATLANTIC

data

Guest ryanmcallister

lacks the quality of your usual sound i think. but it's not horrible. not memorable though.

It does sound very 80s. I like things that sound 80s.

There weren't really any moments that made me go "wow" (well, a little bit for how 80s parts of it sounded), but none that made me go "eww" either. I had strong feelings of neutrality!

Guest placidburp

I got this off phakists fb the other day and I loved it! I hear more Mitch than Phakist in it, but I thought it was super! Why are people going on about the 80's? Have you never heard Mitch Murder before? If not then, shame on you - get everything this guy has done! NOW!!!

The listeners have spoken and, overwhelmingly it seems that I detract from Mitch Murder's sound.

Therefore, I tender my resignation from the 80's sound and will stay more than 100 meters from Mitch Murder at all times.

Guest ryanmcallister

stick to what you know friend: fake acid. what you do, you do extremely well. this just seemed like 2 good things combined to make something not so great, like french fries and ice cream.

in other news, i went to IHOP the other day and had fries and waffles...fucking ace combo.

i dunno, i think it's a pretty decent track, and i had fun working on it.

i think the "problem" might be that the original loop/samples i recieved from acidphakist had a very raw/darker sound to it, kinda reminded me of something from bunker records/legowelt'ish, which i love, and thought i would be able to add something to it, but since i seem unable to do anything non melodic / darker propely, it ended up as some kinda weird hybrid.

ANYWAY

it's an alright track, with an awesome title (phakist's idea) that immediately made me think of jazz age blimps hovering across the atlantic.

Archived