IGNORED

Carole King

marf

Sade Pendarvis is the TRUE queen of soul

SadeBlueDrama.jpg

In New York she's been dubbed "The Queen of Gay Soul." The Swiss know her as Sade "The Voice" Pendarvis. From the Cabaret Stages of NY to L.A.'s Playboy Mansion to the nightclubs of Paris, audiences have consistently been blown away by this dynamic diva!

Sade's musical repertoire is as varied as her wardrobe. Who else covers Sinatra, Chaka Kahn, Patti Labelle, and Britney Sprears? Whether it's Jazz, Disco, Pop, or good old fashioned Gospel, Sade belts it out with her special brand of soulful song styling.

"...the city's best singer.." -Michael Musto, Village Voice

For soul music I'd rate performance higher - especially in getting a title like that.

Case in point all the seemingly mediocre songs that become amazing when transformed by an amazing performer.

Not to slag Carole King - she's awesome, but more on the poppier side, don't you think?

[This thread did get me to throw on my "Don't Forget About Me" 45 by Barbara Lewis (written by Ms. King) last night.]

Archived