IGNORED

ohh yes i got it

hexagon son

Guest ezkerraldean

and only that, 45 mins from tokyo. mon to fri. 3 hours teaching each day. i really am worriedthat there is some kind of yakuza kult shit behind this... but NO! see you in roppongi!!! bitches!!! OMG i'm happy and cele and love you all vome stay at my flat, let get drunk and drungs that youbging and go to roppongi and fuck and IDM and aphexboardssquaremuzig desu yo!>?!>!>

oops, that post looks like total nonscence feuoiahfeioruawn ;fffehiragnnnnnnnnb;fgnerow;NG;ngvor'NGVOR;ngvor;NGVE;

lol

are you teaching little Jap kids English? if so good on ya, a mate of mine teaches English in South Korea and has a fucking whale of a time

and only that, 45 mins from tokyo. mon to fri. 3 hours teaching each day. i really am worriedthat there is some kind of yakuza kult shit behind this... but NO! see you in roppongi!!! bitches!!! OMG i'm happy and cele and love you all vome stay at my flat, let get drunk and drungs that youbging and go to roppongi and fuck and IDM and aphexboardssquaremuzig desu yo!>?!>!>

oops, that post looks like total nonscence feuoiahfeioruawn ;fffehiragnnnnnnnnb;fgnerow;NG;ngvor'NGVOR;ngvor;NGVE;

lol

are you teaching little Jap kids English? if so good on ya, a mate of mine teaches English in South Korea and has a fucking whale of a time

teaching in japan is really a mixed bag. if you get into the wrong type of school, and there are a lot of them, you end up hating it, stressed out and burned out after 2 years or less (for most). we are just employable english speaking monkey clowns to most of them. the hardest thing i had to come to terms with about teaching english here, is, at the end of the day, your an entertainer 1st, a teacher 2nd. and also very disposable.

get out of the cram school business and start teaching at uni. Better money is corporate. Better schedule is uni.

Otherwise you will hate life.

Guest abusivegeorge

and george, i still dont know what kind of car it is, so please dont stab me in the neck, the parents dont like it when you bleed all over the children :cerious:

That's not my experience but I've always like you so that's kool :-).

Guest Al Hounos

so, hex or chen, either of you have any particular recommendations for a WATMMer in tokyo? i'll be visiting with my family in June. any websites/books about tokyo would be great as well.

also, chengod, i'm gonna apply to SMOE for a public school job soon, if i don't get that, I'm probably heading back home. I like it here, but 5 days of vacation really blows. there's almost no point in being in asia if you don't have any time to travel outside of seoul.

yeah public school jobs are cush, I had a friend with Asperger's who got a job at a public school, so if he could get one....

Tokyo is a crazy city. Honestly, the Lonely Planet book for it probably wouldn't be a bad place to start. I'm sure there are loads of blogs and shit, but there's so much to take in there. Do the popular destinations though, Shinjuku, Harajuku, Shibuya, ummm Roppongi Hills maybe...I dunno.

Japanese people are super nice to tourists though, and will often go out of their way to make sure you're doing it right.

Archived