IGNORED

goth rap

Guest Backson

Guest Backson

I'm looking for something with classical samples, or theatrical bells and organs, or even Black Sabbath style eary heavy metal.

Guest ms-dos

clouddead have been called goth-hop (although i don't see why), and the group has subsequently used the term to describe themselves, tongue-in-cheek of course.

Guest Backson

I can imagine if you've never heard the crap that spews from the mouths of ICP, a quick look at them might make you think they'd be the closest thing possible.

okay, new clause, no retarded shit.

i dont want anything hardcore, dumb or very agressive. More along the lines of experimenting with dark themes. like something RZA would do, but with a dark twist.

Guest Lube Saibot
Bushido has also sampled two songs from Sopor Aeternus & the Ensemble of Shadows' album Dead Lovers Sarabande Face One, as was mentioned in a blog by Anna-Varney on her MySpace page.

Guest Backson

like something RZA would do

Definitely Gravediggaz then, as it's a RZA side project

sweet beans! is the production good? what sort of samples are we talking?

Guest Fishtank

I have a song by A Pod called How Does it Feel

I can't find any information on the web about it so maybe I can post it on YouTube

it is very much Goth Rap, no doubt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGnXL0lX44w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2KpFXuOngg

poetry in motion - gun checka (cant find a video)

oh and theres also this whole horrorcore business like q strange and shit but you said you dont want no over the top crap so maybe thats not really your style

Eww, a couple of the Detroit "artists" mentioned should be avoided at all costs, just crap...

I think Mobb Deep is a good call, I don't know if I would quite call it gothic, but Cannibal Ox has kind of a dark feel.

Guest blicero

i dont want anything hardcore, dumb or very agressive. More along the lines of experimenting with dark themes. like something RZA would do, but with a dark twist.

Some possible candidates:

[youtubehd]mWgmiSQuE2o[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]ZWr4cFXRwkc[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]XcVbkyUARi4[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]cP0wsET8__Y[/youtubehd]

Some possible candidates:

[youtubehd]mWgmiSQuE2o[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]ZWr4cFXRwkc[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]XcVbkyUARi4[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]cP0wsET8__Y[/youtubehd]

SHook Ones is one of the best most depressing, somewhat terrifying rap songs ive ever heard...the melody says so much more than the lyrics do.

Guest Stoppit

SHook Ones is one of the best most depressing, somewhat terrifying rap songs ive ever heard...the melody says so much more than the lyrics do.

agreed, and Havoc produced that beat when he was 19, which is quite an achievement

Guest blicero

see, man... fuck all the dumb IDM artist subforum requests, WATMM needs a hip hop subforum.

it seems like people on WATMM either love hip hop or don't want to see threads about it.

Guest Stoppit

see, man... fuck all the dumb IDM artist subforum requests, WATMM needs a hip hop subforum.

it's never going to happen, but we can dream....

Guest tht tne

that would attract a bad crowd... i don't want to see endless arguments over who is the greatest mc ever... and i hate jay-z and nas both

Guest Stoppit

i don't want to see endless arguments over who is the greatest mc ever

It's either Lloyd Banks or Shorty Shitstain

Guest tht tne

i don't want to see endless arguments over who is the greatest mc ever

It's either Lloyd Banks or Shorty Shitstain

personally i believe it's positive k

Bushido has also sampled two songs from Sopor Aeternus & the Ensemble of Shadows' album Dead Lovers Sarabande Face One, as was mentioned in a blog by Anna-Varney on her MySpace page.

:wtf::ohmy::cerious:

Archived