IGNORED

Chuck Mosely reuinites w/ Faith No More

J3FF3R00

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138534

Call me crazy, but I am actually a bigger fan of the work the band did in the Chuck years, so this is pretty big news for me.

Most of the songs from this performance sound atrocious. However, "As The Worm Turns" is fucking gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvEy9tl_zwI&feature=player_embedded

Guest thepilot

Yeah. What's so great about Mike Patton anyway? I don't get it really. I understand the importance of fnm as a group, but the Patton fanboyism is beyond my scope of comprehension.

Guest Greg Reason

Yeah. What's so great about Mike Patton anyway? I don't get it really. I understand the importance of fnm as a group, but the Patton fanboyism is beyond my scope of comprehension.

Yeah people go too far with the Patton worship but it's worth noting that Mr Bungle were one of God's great gifts to humankind

Whoah. I agree with both of you guys completely.

I'm totally surprised that the first 2 replies to this thread aren't "Fuck Chuck Mosely. He sucks."

I think Patton is good at what he does but for me it's a little too "showy".

I used to think everything Patton touched turned to gold, but that was before he started putting out all the various side projects. I still love his voice and he's one of if not my favorite singer, but that doesn't make everything he puts out good and at least I can realize that.

As for FNM, I definitely prefer the Patton stuff (I discovered them with The Real Thing, after all), but I can also appreciate the Mosley stuff. In fact I revisited the first two albums this week and they're pretty enjoyable. He doesn't have a great singing voice but it's also less nasal than Patton's so there's that (especially on The Real Thing which sadly sounds dated these days and really could use a remaster...still love it though).

Anyway I think it's really cool Chuck joined them for some songs.

Guest tht tne

i recognize that faith no more and mr. bungle are supposed to be excellent but i could take or leave... secret chiefs 3 however boy howdy

Guest Greg Reason

The new one that isn't quite out yet (Satellite Supersonic) has some incredible stuff on it (I've got all the limited 7"s that form most of the content) but as for stuff that's already released you would like Second Grand Constitution and Bylaws better than their first record, which is more in the manner of Mr Bungle's Disco Volante.

Guest Greg Reason

i recognize that faith no more and mr. bungle are supposed to be excellent but i could take or leave... secret chiefs 3 however boy howdy

Yes, Secret Chiefs 3 are much better than both groups. It's incredible how much of a genius Trey is but everyone gets hung up on Patton because he sings...

This said, Disco Volante and California are incredible records but hearing what they all do on their own reveals who was responsible for what... Patton does some very good stuff (most notably Delirium Cordia) but he seems to release far too much and not put very much effort into any of it, which is the opposite of Trey who releases very little but everything he does seems to be unstoppably brilliant.

Trevor Dunn does some fantastic stuff but he seems to work better within the framework of something larger than himself. His solo stuff is good but not mind-blowing but when he was writing for Mr Bungle he came up with some brilliant shit.

The new one that isn't quite out yet (Satellite Supersonic) has some incredible stuff on it (I've got all the limited 7"s that form most of the content) but as for stuff that's already released you would like Second Grand Constitution and Bylaws better than their first record, which is more in the manner of Mr Bungle's Disco Volante.

Cool, thanks. I should really check out all their stuff. I'm surprised I never really spent much time with them, since I've been aware of them for over a decade.

Yes, Secret Chiefs 3 are much better than both groups. It's incredible how much of a genius Trey is but everyone gets hung up on Patton because he sings...

This said, Disco Volante and California are incredible records but hearing what they all do on their own reveals who was responsible for what... Patton does some very good stuff (most notably Delirium Cordia) but he seems to release far too much and not put very much effort into any of it, which is the opposite of Trey who releases very little but everything he does seems to be unstoppably brilliant.

Trevor Dunn does some fantastic stuff but he seems to work better within the framework of something larger than himself. His solo stuff is good but not mind-blowing but when he was writing for Mr Bungle he came up with some brilliant shit.

Completely agree. I saw SC3 live this past year and was very impressed. Although it really just made me wish Mr. Bungle was still together. Something about going to a bungle show...just some kinda magic in the air even before the show where you knew something special was about to happen. The only band i've ever seen that happen with is Sleepytime Gorilla Museum. who are on Trey's label and are fucking AMAZING.

Archived