IGNORED

Ten and Tracer - Cold Finishes the Monk

Guest selectedacre

Guest selectedacre

Potentially interesting to some people on the forum:

The write-up says...

"Cold Finishes the Monk by Ten and Tracer is the follow-up to last year's Tsotsitaal album. Across these eleven tracks, Ten and Tracer explores several powerful influences of the last year: Namely, the writings of Nishida Kitaro and Dogen, and his studies in evolution, genetics and developmental biology. This influence, combined with his ever growing collection of tape recorders, strange films, warped records, and custom-built software has resulted in an un-paralleled work of Ten and Tracer's ambient explorations. It represents an evolution in process, as well as sound - a further exploration of his fascination with spontaneity and finite details.

The music is at times orchestral and cinematic, and at others, meditative and surreal. Throughout the process, a psychedelic strain began to appear which was further refined, becoming a fundamental aspect of the release. Cold Finishes the Monk is a warm, powerfully emotional narrative - it stands out as one of the most developed and thoughtful releases of Ten and Tracer's career."

It's free to download from www.acrerca.com and there are hand-made CDs available to purchase (a 16-page and 60-page version).

Guest uptown devil

i really enjoyed the album. it was a very calm and peaceful undercurrent, while still active enough to hold my attention the whole way through. the artwork is especially enticing; i might have to pick up one of the handmade CD's.

thanks for posting :music:

The deluxe 2CD edition of this is absolutely fantastic. Fits on the shelf right next to Tsotsitaal, and personally I think the artwork is even better on this one. Definitely a top 10 candidate for the year's end list!

I downloaded this from his site, but I'm going to buy it as well. I got the handmade version of the excellent Tsotsitaal, but I wasn't quick enough to get the bonus CD. I listened to a sample from that bonus CD on his site, Death is like a Copper Man, and it sounded beautiful.

Archived