IGNORED

Christians for the Cloning of Jesus

Braintree

So for the past couple years whenever I hit a road block in the writing department, I do some exercises in experimentation. Mostly trying to keep a theme and an idea going for as long as possible. This originally started out as a joke [from a website I came across, actually], but kind of became something. Anyway, this is Christians for the Cloning of Jesus. More of an experimental/ambient-influenced sort of music. None of my beats, but texturally interesting rather than rhythmically.

http://www.myspace.com/christiansforthecloningofjesus

Check it out and add us if you have the time.

Thanks for looking!

Guest Promo

'Hey Zues' strong 60s retro psychedelic sitar playing. I like the sitar in this - very hippy. Probably my favourite of the 3.

'Second Cumming' was kinda interesting from an atmospheric point of view. Hard to explain but those distorted post rock kinda guitars do have a certain air about them. Kinda works as a track. Very minimal but the guitar and heavy hiss throughout the track does have an affecting quality.

'Jehovah's Witless' is like Choir Music thats been put through a mangler. Although its not as severe as it could have been done I guess. Yeah interesting and listenable but not too much else to say to be honest. It has a certain novelty effect. Its hard as I tend to look for emotion in music and this is just a little short of it with all that modulation business. Sounds like a real choir or something, was it? Yeah quite pleasant I guess but to chill too a bit tough especially with that off putting modulation. I felt it needed something more to get me jazzed. Yeah pleasant I thought but not much else.

In conclusion an odd mix of tracks. I think once one gets one head around the fact that you're going for the minimal approach then these are easier to consume. Overall nothing that truly blew me away but to chill and contemplate shit to then I'd say they served that purpose.

Archived