IGNORED

Rebirth

kcinsu

I'm guessing you can't really just extract a line-out very cleanly?

why not? the thing was built as a music player.

Yeah, I wasn't sure though on whether the iPhone has an actual line out (that is, independent from the headphone amp stage); I've heard conflicting info on this. I know you can access an iPod line out via the proprietary doc connection, but some early info on the iPhone suggested that you couldn't get a true line out. Maybe that's cleared up now-- I guess I'll have to try and see.

I've been playing physical instruments for 15 years but I'm totally new on the recording front, so I just want to see if I can get a cheap way to get quick demos together. I'm guessing if I can get an audio line out from the iPhone, I could get an adapter to split the channels to two male mono instrument level jack inputs? I've got an I/O device that will accept instrument cable inputs.

Sorry if this ain't the place to be askin'.

the standard headphone out on an iphone/ipod touch is great, i've plugged it into mixers and guitar pedals before with no problems. the microphone is pretty amazing too. so yes, if you get an adapter to split into two mono jacks, it should work perfectly.

Archived