• Liberal Democrats
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Green Party
    • Twat Party

Guest Karnov

i'm surprised at the results

In what way?

I'm surprised at the (continued) support for the Lib Dems.

exactly. hopefully watmm's not a true slice of society

I think a lot of people liked the idea of voting Lib Dem, but when it comes to it will go tory/labour. I couldn't vote for anyone who hadn't made it clear who they'd get into bed with in the event of a hung parliament, and who would likely be willing to form a coalition with anyone who'll bend on the question of reform/PR (ie the policy that raises their chances of being voted in in future).

And now isn't the time for (buzzword of the moment) change.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm surprised at the results

In what way?

I'm surprised at the (continued) support for the Lib Dems.

exactly. hopefully watmm's not a true slice of society

I think a lot of people liked the idea of voting Lib Dem, but when it comes to it will go tory/labour. I couldn't vote for anyone who hadn't made it clear who they'd get into bed with in the event of a hung parliament, and who would likely be willing to form a coalition with anyone who'll bend on the question of reform/PR (ie the policy that raises their chances of being voted in in future).

And now isn't the time for (buzzword of the moment) change.

i swithered over cleggy until the tv debates. what a wet, non-commital, pussy.

Guest Karnov

I think now is the perfect time for change

Just when the country is starting to emerge from recession?

I think that the Government's handling of the recession/ global financial meltdown was very good, and I don't think now is a good time to hand over the responsibility to either the Lib Dems, who have no experience of running an economy or Dave & Friends who will slash public spending immediately and possible set recovery backwards.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i love how people recite word for word what they read in newspapers

it's gonna be a well hung parliament

Guest Coalbucket PI

Why does everyone want change so fucking much? Isn't this a terrible time for change, what with economies all over the place are being shat through a binbag

edit: Karnov already said it good

I don't get a massive chubby for change that others do, but for the most part, I think Vince Cable has had a good handle on the economy for a while now - both during the recession and the warnings in the run-up, he's got a PhD in economics for christ's sake, I'd been fairly happy with him working alongside someone in sorting this shit out. Osbourne scares the living crap out of me.

P.S. Clegg had to be non-commital in who he'd work with. The papers would have had a field day with it, and more importantly he's trying to win an election. No matter how unlikely you think it may be, he wants to win, he wants Lib Dem's in power and answering that question is tantamount to admitting, "we will not win this" and who's gonna vote for a them with that attitude?

Guest Dirty Protest

Here hoping for a John Majoresque Labour stealth vote, to keep these bollocks out.

Guest chunky

PR would lead to right wing parties getting into power on populist manifestos

ukip, english democrats, bnp...

euro elections are on PR and look who has the most seats... tories and ukip

and bnp won 2 seats on that system last year

ps newspapers are supposed to form opinions. that's the whole point of them. who has the time to follow every single detail coming from every single issue all day every day? barack obama had it right when he advised people to read a variety of biased newspapers (both left and right) and make your own mind up.

Guest margaret thatcher

parliamentary elections, voted liberal

local elections - only candidates were the tories, greens and independent, so i spoiled the ballot. 'ardcore.

Guest margaret thatcher

channel four time. i'm drinking beer for a labour seat, vodka for a tory seat, and whiskey for lib dems.

Guest margaret thatcher

channel four pissed me off too much, i'm sticking with dimbleby, paxo and the swingometer.

also, exit polls suggest hung parliament, with lib dems losing 3 seats from 2005. must be bollocks.

andrew neil's jowels are almost covering the rolling news ticker.

Guest Gary C

My parents were watching ITV. I quickly informed them that the BBC has a far superior team of journalists.

These polls are odd indeed, but I think it's mostly useful in suggesting that the parliament will still be hung.

Piers Morgan has said some of the most true words for me so far. He declared that the media-scrum backing Cameron has been disgusting and ill-aimed.

The front-page of The Sun this morning had Cameron in the style of those Obama posters with 'In Cameron we trust' as the tagline. Literally comparing Cameron to God.

It boils my blood, that a flip-flopping paper can suddenly be so fervent in their stance, and I think it's incredibly dangerous and implorable when the paper is the most popular across Britain.

If the Tories get away with this expect to see more of those 'It's the Sun that won it' claims. Fucking cunts.

My parents were watching ITV. I quickly informed them that the BBC has a far superior team of journalists.

These polls are odd indeed, but I think it's mostly useful in suggesting that the parliament will still be hung.

Piers Morgan has said some of the most true words for me so far. He declared that the media-scrum backing Cameron has been disgusting and ill-aimed.

The front-page of The Sun this morning had Cameron in the style of those Obama posters with 'In Cameron we trust' as the tagline. Literally comparing Cameron to God.

It boils my blood, that a flip-flopping paper can suddenly be so fervent in their stance, and I think it's incredibly dangerous and implorable when the paper is the most popular across Britain.

If the Tories get away with this expect to see more of those 'It's the Sun that won it' claims. Fucking cunts.

yeah i saw the sun this morning and thought :facepalm:

fucking cunts

Guest Rambo

The Sun is a fucking joke of a paper and the fact that it's so popular in our country is an embarrassment.

Guest Gary C

It's sports section (primarily football) is the best I've ever read, safely securing almost half the population.

Archived