IGNORED

Dietary thread

chassis

That is interesting but "According to a recent study by the Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council" makes me chuckle, sounds like a group paid for by the fishing industry to rescue the image of their product. I'll stick with the established view for now

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/23/dining/23sushi.html

sushi from 5 of the 20 places had mercury levels so high that the Food and Drug Administration could take legal action to remove the fish from the market.

i'm on a diet to lose about thirty pounds. it's nothing special or complex. i am basically counting calories via this app i have on my iphone and jogging for a half-hour a day on the treadmill. i need to find a better iphone app to use though, because the one i have is slow and crashes all the time...

anyway, i've lost ten pounds so far. it appears not eating much and exercising actually works. who knew :rolleyes:

however, because i've had exams for the past week and a half, i've been eating out of stress, which sucks. it's really, really hard for me to control because it's a way to distract myself from having to study and, believe me, i love finding distractions. that's why i started using reddit. but i've told myself that i'll get back on track either tomorrow or monday. you know, boot up the old calorie app again and start exercising more.

shit's difficult.

i'm on a diet to lose about thirty pounds. it's nothing special or complex. i am basically counting calories via this app i have on my iphone and jogging for a half-hour a day on the treadmill. i need to find a better iphone app to use though, because the one i have is slow and crashes all the time...

anyway, i've lost ten pounds so far. it appears not eating much and exercising actually works. who knew :rolleyes:

however, because i've had exams for the past week and a half, i've been eating out of stress, which sucks. it's really, really hard for me to control because it's a way to distract myself from having to study and, believe me, i love finding distractions. that's why i started using reddit. but i've told myself that i'll get back on track either tomorrow or monday. you know, boot up the old calorie app again and start exercising more.

shit's difficult.

You're in my boat hoodie. I just finished my exams today, fucking whey hence being pissed. But eating out of boredom/distraction is a proper killer. I have coffee to distract me though and now even decaf.

It might seem obvious but instead of eating when you're bored, fill a big 2 litre bottle of water and drink it instead. If you like to nibble for something to do, you'll love drinking. Certainly help me a lot.

I've lost 20lbs so far this year without starving myself or massively changing my diet, just by counting calories – there are many great free iphone apps (lose it) and websites (daily burn / calorie king) that make this very simple to do.

yo, i just downloaded "lose it" and it works so much better than the old app i used. much faster and the menus are less clunky. very cool :spiteful:

asymm how did you do it?

1.5 years ago I was 180; now I'm 150 or so w00t, never been that thin in my life -- and still have a belly ... fuckfarts!

Archived