IGNORED

Hi Scores 12"

acroyear

I have two different copies of this on vinyl, but both have surface noise. Does anyone know if one of the pressings is relatively free of surface noise? I don't need perfection or anything, just wondering if I should keep looking for a better copy. Both of mine were described as "near mint" when I bought them, as far as I can remember. Maybe they are, and maybe they aren't? I just don't know.

Guest southside jim

Which pressing do you have? I think they pressed it three separate times, I have the 1996 pressing and I don't remember hearing much surface noise

Which pressing do you have? I think they pressed it three separate times, I have the 1996 pressing and I don't remember hearing much surface noise

Thank you for the reply.. I have 2 first pressings, with the braille sticker and the bar code. I'm glad to know yours doesn't have much surface noise, because last night I took the plunge and bought a brand new sealed copy. Hopefully it's what I've been waiting for, but I'll have to wait awhile as it's coming from overseas. I love that ep so much. Everything You Do is a Balloon may be the most beautiful track I've ever heard. I still remember the very first night I heard it around '98. Every time I hear it, I get quiet and sentimental. It gives me chills.

Guest southside jim

Thank you for the reply.. I have 2 first pressings, with the braille sticker and the bar code. I'm glad to know yours doesn't have much surface noise, because last night I took the plunge and bought a brand new sealed copy. Hopefully it's what I've been waiting for, but I'll have to wait awhile as it's coming from overseas. I love that ep so much. Everything You Do is a Balloon may be the most beautiful track I've ever heard. I still remember the very first night I heard it around '98. Every time I hear it, I get quiet and sentimental. It gives me chills.

dude, honestly, i think it's my favorite BoC release. Everything you do is a balloon is beautiful. I think I like Seeya Later the best. It's sort of haunting in my opinion! I really cannot get enough of it. Please let me know how you do with the copy you just purchased!

I agree Seeya Later is haunting. To me it's got the same atmosphere like those dreams in which you run really fast and can jump further than usual, and although you're running from something serious, like a whole city blowing up behind you, you start doing weird shenanigans as you jump, like leaning forward in mid air so you almost scratch the concrete with your cheeks before you land. (I didn't just make that up, that's what I always imagine to that track)

• 3 weeks later...

Well this is really nice. The seller is now saying it's not in stock, and has put it on back order, so had to look elsewhere. I just settled for a so called Near Mint copy of the repress from Discogs. The seller has a 100% positive rating from over 250 different buyers, so I'll have to see. I hope it's better than the 2 copies I already have.

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

I have the latest repress and its clean as a whistle. My SKAM copy of MHTR however, has a press bungle at the beginning of triangles and Rhombuses.

I have the latest repress and its clean as a whistle. My SKAM copy of MHTR however, has a press bungle at the beginning of triangles and Rhombuses.

thanks, that's very encouraging. Maybe my third copy will be the charm... I have an original press and a re-press of MHTR. I'll check to see if either have the same defect on Triangles and Rhombuses. I don't recall any...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived