IGNORED

Campfire Headphase

halisray

Guest ansgaria

A soundtrack to summer. The 'nostalgia' elements on this record are really, really out there compared to say 'Geogaddi'.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it doesnt just point to one specific time, it can point to almost any time of anyones childhood, or just any time in the past.. more effective for anyone not born in the 70s or 80s and didnt grow up watching the NFBOC films or sesame street etc.

Guest ruiagnelo

one of the reasons this is my favorite album. they perfected the nostalgia effect better than ever, without even having to use samples of children laughing or stuff from old sesame street cartoons/nature shows.

for me it's precisely the samples that bring the nostalgia feeling. but maybe you are right, maybe they achieved that with campfire headphase.

i still don't like the guitar sounds, tho. don't go along with BoC.

Guest mrguy

I first got this a few months ago (I heard a bit of BoC and liked it, this was recommended to me by someone here). I didn't like it upon my first listen. But when I discovered Autechre, I looked for an Autechre forum, and found this site again (i'm still not entirely sure what this place is - an electronic music forum?). I noticed the BoC section and it made me listen to Campfire Headphase again (it's the only BoC release I have).

I can understand where some of it's criticism comes from. It is a bit samey, so I can see how it can piss a few people off. I felt myself getting a bit angsty throughout. But, I feel that this is definitely a mood album. You'd need to be in a nice, happy, relaxed (especially relaxed) mood to enjoy this properly. It is a "feel good" album. It is an easy album to listen to – it is laid back and pleasant. I think it does what it is supposed to pretty well.

@people calling it too “commercial”; that is the some of the most pretentious bollocks I’ve heard in a good while. There is no way in fuck that this is a “sell out” album. Name on piece of music remotely similar to that found on this forum which is popular and can be sold to the masses. I doubt there is much, if any. It seems like some of you are those “I’m-so-misunderstood-and-i-listen-to-music-no-one-listens-to-because-I’m-special-and-unique-and-I-don’t-to-what-the-media-tells-me-too-and-as-soon-as-a-band-i-like-gets-more-that-1000-fans-I’ll-burn-all-my-records-post-a-video-of-it-on-youtube-and-shoot-my-cat-while-getting-high” kids.

I cannot comment on the nostalgia effect, as I am not really old enough to have nostalgia.

Peacock Tail and Slow This Bird Down are absolutely brilliant.

/my two cents

Looking forward to discovering more BoC

It seems like some of you are those “I’m-so-misunderstood-and-i-listen-to-music-no-one-listens-to-because-I’m-special-and-unique-and-I-don’t-to-what-the-media-tells-me-too-and-as-soon-as-a-band-i-like-gets-more-that-1000-fans-I’ll-burn-all-my-records-post-a-video-of-it-on-youtube-and-shoot-my-cat-while-getting-high”

:orly:

Guest mrguy

It seems like some of you are those “I’m-so-misunderstood-and-i-listen-to-music-no-one-listens-to-because-I’m-special-and-unique-and-I-don’t-to-what-the-media-tells-me-too-and-as-soon-as-a-band-i-like-gets-more-that-1000-fans-I’ll-burn-all-my-records-post-a-video-of-it-on-youtube-and-shoot-my-cat-while-getting-high-because-me-and-my-music-taste-are-in-everyway-superior-to-you-fuckers”

:orly:

yarly

i dont get why he wasnt banned for trolling after that... he basically admitted the only reason hes here is to troll.

it seems thats not the only thing you don't know

Guest electronic4ever2010

Well.....

I thought it was a good album, but not great. MHTRTC is way better, and also Geogaddi is up there as well.

Archived