IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Conor74

I thought it was funny that one day the Irish can't stand the English and the next they are all singing praises to England and how much better the EPL is than the La Liga or Serie A.

Most Irish would have far more of an affinity for the game in England, as so many Irish players play there and so many Irish people support teams there, far more than support the club game here. The English national side would not get that support at all, there is a large chunk of schadenfraude whenever England get elminated. But it's not an anti English thing, heck the English are more like us than any other people on the planet. It's just the thought of Sky TV for the next 5 or 10 years.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dirty Protest

I was reading the Waltham Forrest free newspaper on the toilet earlier, its all Walthamstow this or Layton that, the arrogance of these hacks, its like Hainault doesnt even exist.

Guest Mirezzi

Dear English Twats,

Are you sure you aren't getting caught up in manic depressive English hyperbole - where delusions of superiority flip into woe and self-loathing until you win your first match? Right on schedule, you cunts. It looks like that woe and self-loathing has flipped back into delusions of superiority!

2 goals in 3 games in a group with Slovenia, U.S.A., and Algeria. Just fuck off already. Be happy you're still in the tournament at all!

Guest Mirezzi

So all England have to do is beat Germany on Sunday, Argentina in the quarter-finals. Then Spain. Then Brazil.

lol

ROONEY IS BACK. HE HIT THE POST AGAINST.......SLOVENIA.........YOU FUCK. SHOW YOUR FAITH IN ENGLAND. YOU'RE BRITISH, AREN'T YOU, KELTOI?!

IF SCOTLAND WERE IN IT, THE ENGLISH WOULD BE RIGHT THERE SUPPORTING YOU!!!!!!1

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

so which game to watch? italy or paraguay?

the permutations are pretty confusing

Possible Group F permutations, for your leisure and pleasure:

• If Paraguay win or draw against New Zealand, they will qualify for the last 16.

• If Paraguay win, they will top the group. They will also be guaranteed first place in the event of a draw, as long as Italy fail to win their game against Slovakia.

• If Paraguay draw and Italy win, top spot will come down to goal difference.

• If Italy beat Slovakia they will qualify. If they draw, they will still qualify as long as New Zealand fail to defeat Paraguay. Their fate will come down to goals scored if New Zealand draw against Paraguay.

•If New Zealand beat Paraguay, they will advance. If they draw, they can only qualify as long as Italy draw against Slovakia and they finish with more goals scored than La Nazionale.

•If Slovakia beat Italy, they will be guaranteed progress providing New Zealand do not overcome Paraguay. If Slovakia and New Zealand both win, the European side will be tied with Paraguay on four points and goal difference will decide who goes through.

guardian.co.uk

i'm thinking italy to see them go home or finally wake up. BUT what about paraguay girl?

Dear English Twats,

Are you sure you aren't getting caught up in manic depressive English hyperbole - where delusions of superiority flip into woe and self-loathing until you win your first match? Right on schedule, you cunts. It looks like that woe and self-loathing has flipped back into delusions of superiority!

2 goals in 3 games in a group with Slovenia, U.S.A., and Algeria. Just fuck off already. Be happy you're still in the tournament at all!

Dear Fat American Douchebags,

I'm surprised you managed to run around the pitch without tripping over your enormous beer guts. Congratulations on scoring a goal and hey, you should have scored more but I guess that's the refs fault. They're prejudiced, right? It's not their fault they can't see the plays through your massive, bulbous fat arses.

I'm trying to incite intelligent debate about sports you unintelligent, inbred, yankee cunts. Come on board!

Guest Dirty Protest

The media on the whole are focusing on Germanys record in tournaments(havent read any papers today or anyday so i dont know what theyre saying), so as a divisive method or mild xenophobia it doesnt really work, as the world know what Germany are capable of. 90% of the teams left think they have a chance, thats the nature of sport.

Guest Mirezzi

Okay, back to football discussion:

What can the Slovaks do against (mighty lol) Italy? My ancestral roots are in play here. They've been an embarrassment through their first two games, resorting to Serie A tactics (much gnashing of teeth, writhing on ground from minimal contact), and have looked basically English otherwise.

Paraguay deserve to be top of group. Let's see if miracles can happen for New Zealand to get in.

Guest Mirezzi

i'm thinking italy to see them go home or finally wake up. BUT what about paraguay girl?

Debate for the ages. Let me know if Paraguay girl makes an appearance and I'll switch. Otherwise, I have to support my greaseball bloodlines.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

Also, why isn't there a drinking game where you have to down your drink whenever a commentator mentions 1966?

Guest Mirezzi

Also, why isn't there a drinking game where you have to down your drink whenever a commentator mentions 1966?

Have you heard that? I haven't heard one echo of 1966, but maybe ESPN threatened to cut their microphones if they did...

Guest inteeliguntdesign

Motty mentioned it after our first game--it's always mentioned when we draw our opening match. Pretty sure I heard others mentioning it. I dare not look at the Sun today--not commentators per se though.

Guest Rambo

Its amazing what a hold England have over people worldwide. Obsessed!

By the way, English watmmers, now you know what it's like being a Liverpool fan.

Guest Conor74

Its amazing what a hold England have over people worldwide. Obsessed!

If I could speak fluent French and lived in Andorra, I'd be on a French language site for IDM fans!

And I'd be having a lot of fun right now on their football thread...

So all England have to do is beat Germany on Sunday, Argentina in the quarter-finals. Then Spain. Then Brazil.

lol

ROONEY IS BACK. HE HIT THE POST AGAINST.......SLOVENIA.........YOU FUCK. SHOW YOUR FAITH IN ENGLAND. YOU'RE BRITISH, AREN'T YOU, KELTOI?!

IF SCOTLAND WERE IN IT, THE ENGLISH WOULD BE RIGHT THERE SUPPORTING YOU!!!!!!1

lol

Guest Rambo

Cant believe how lame Italy have started when they desperately need a win.

i agree. You should learn French ASAP

I have, I speak it fluently.

But I don't live in Andorra...

You should learn French ASAP imo

Archived