IGNORED

Frasier DVD Spines

Guest bitroast

Guest bitroast

I'm currently mildly fascinated with how totally dull and completely uninteresting the Frasier DVD designs are. Each season of Frasier on DVD has it's own distinct colour, which is nice enough. The front cover is just a random promo shot of the cast smiling, with the back being random screenshots of the episodes. The inside of each DVD case is the exact same design as the outside but with an episode list planted somewhere to the left (this design recycling is disgraceful!).

It's the DVD spines that really amuse me. For some hilarious reason, the designers decided to limit themselves in using only pictures of Frasier smiling, or of Eddie the dog. Eleven seasons of the show means a total of eleven DVD spines with only these two characters to work with. I'm not going to scan every DVD sleeve, but just imagine what it's like having these Frasier DVDs among all others DVDs, all with either an image of Frasier or Eddie the dog.

The first Frasier DVD spine that really caught my attention was for Frasier Season 4. Instead of just being your standard image of Frasier smiling (which it almost really nearly is!) the designers decided to spice things up a bit by extending Frasier's figure into black nothingness. I'm not exactly sure what's going on here or why, but Tall Frasier is possibly my second favourite variation of Regular Frasier (my favourite variation of Regular Frasier obviously being Bearded Frasier as seen in Cheers).

Frasier Season 8 and Frasier Season 10 had the right idea. What we have here are two very similar Frasiers! The two Frasiers are perfectly aligned and have almost identical positions in relation to the rest of the Frasier DVD spine. Placed next to each other, the two Frasiers could even be mistaken for the same Frasier if it weren't for the differing smiles. If only each of the eleven seasons had this fixed design. Eleven neighbouring Frasiers, all with a slightly different expression.

Discuss.

frasier4.pngfrasier8.pngfrasier10.png

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

did they release the last but 1 season on dvd yet? seem to have been waiting forever for it even though the final season dvd was out ages ago.

sherry, niles?

Guest green hausen

Lol. This sounds like the Angry Video Game Nerd.

I don't really like this show. Whenever I see it the Frasier character is always learning a valuable lesson about not being a snob or something. And the dog will do something funny during the credits.

I'm very interested in the rest of the spines.

Guest Gary C

I completely forgot that I wish to own the Frasier collection one day. So I'll add it to my wishlist now and maybe get it in a few weeks.

Thanks for that, but it is indeed sad to hear that the DVD spines don't match up. Did you buy the DVD's separately or as a collection?

Guest disparaissant

Pigster, what's your familiarity with the amphetamines? :emotawesomepm9:

Seriously though, the point of owning a series on DVD is to have uniform spines--amirite? It's the little things, goddamnit--like my music collection. Everyday, it's like being in the salt mines just trying to get it to my preference:

Foobar:

Artist (Year) Album

Track Number Title

Instead, I've got shit like

:;..o)o))0001..::APffhHHeeXXXksksss__:TWInnzz{)(*&&&--::.eYe00KAR--bbEEKKuz--U-DOOOO

Now, the real answer is "don't steal music" and I try not to but a long time ago, I had over 300 CDs stolen and was pissed at the world and decided to steal them back. This was 8 years ago and I'm still trying to clean this shit up, who names shit like this? Wayward Russian youth, presumably :facepalm:

what you want is http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=50523

Guest tht tne

well I guess those lazy DVD designers have sure got (tossed salad & scrambled) egg on their faces

lol

Guest tht tne

frasier the complete series on dvd is only about $210 on amazon but i don't know if i'd have time to watch like i would like to

a while back my roommate dvr'd every episode of frasier (it comes on like four times daily) and i would watch those of a night

now i am into reading the bible cover-to-cover repeatedly for the rest of my life... so i don't have a lot of free unscheduled time

clicking on this thread makes me feel dirty

yet, inexplicably, you fucking love it

i imagined niles saying this; does that make me gay

Guest tht tne

frasier the complete series on dvd is only about $210 on amazon but i don't know if i'd have time to watch like i would like to

a while back my roommate dvr'd every episode of frasier (it comes on like four times daily) and i would watch those of a night

now i am into reading the bible cover-to-cover repeatedly for the rest of my life... so i don't have a lot of free unscheduled time

clicking on this thread makes me feel dirty

yet, inexplicably, you fucking love it

i imagined niles saying this; does that make me gay

I can't tell if you're fucking around or not tht!ne about the Bible. I am not Christian or anything for that matter but I find Christian apologetics quite fascinating and listen to a guy named Ravi Zacharias on the radio all the time on a show called "Let My People Think". Just the other day, some fucktard was at a party of mine and his drunken opening topics were "Obama is sending us into the shitter!" and then some shit about his Baptist upbringing.

He claimed that his grandma told him that Man had built the Tower Of Babel as way to try to reach heaven. I was getting pissed off with this guy and realized that I remembered a good talk on the subject by Zacharias. So's I give it to him, I sez, "yes, they intended for the top to reach the heavens but they didn't give a fuck about God, they only wanted to celebrate the magnificence of the builders and humanity. God was displeased by this "unified folly" so he made all of our languages mutually unintelligible so that we could never make such a singular error again". I guess God didn't know shit about the internet and the English language rising as one of the most popular tongues in the world and how basically we all just want to drink Coca-Cola and wear designer jeans. We built that tower anyway!

He was confrontational so I sez "look, just consider its name 'Babel'--what do babies do? They babble, no one can understand it--words don't just come from nowhere". I didn't want to take this shit there but he started it so I saw fit to end it. He was trying to fuck my sister anyway and I was not having any of that!!! I'd be happy to talk some Galilean jive over PM sometime if interested...

Here, I found a video of that guy at my party:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZpDnXYIFjo

no i am totally serious; i've read the entire bible 4 times since last june and am on the last 300 pages of my fifth, and intend to continue until it's unnecessary

Guest bitroast

I completely forgot that I wish to own the Frasier collection one day. So I'll add it to my wishlist now and maybe get it in a few weeks.

Thanks for that, but it is indeed sad to hear that the DVD spines don't match up. Did you buy the DVD's separately or as a collection?

separately! the prices are generally around $45 a season, however this one store has them on special at $15 every now and then. awesome purchases (poor dvd design aside!).

Guest futuregirlfriend

downloading the lot from megaupload right now. not spending a penny on such a poorly thought out collection.

also, can we get some more australians in this thread?

Guest futuregirlfriend

Oh don't do it for me, if you're serious. Anime sweat drop. I should have S1-11 in a few hours.

Guest bitroast

Oh don't do it for me, if you're serious. Anime sweat drop. I should have S1-11 in a few hours.

haha. nah i would never do such a thing. i have however (a good few months ago) uploaded this fine work of art.

[youtubehd]7bzykMDnk3Q[/youtubehd]

comments:

Vertsk8er419

5 months ago

next time put up the full four minute track doucher

AnalogNostalgia

3 months ago

@Vertsk8er419 /Agree with Vert...

Archived