IGNORED

US 360 Owners - Trade Up To The New 360 at GameStop

Joyrex

Guest Alex C

Don't they normally check them? Otherwise I would.

This current fix I've got doesn't seem to be working, hopefully a load of people trade up so I can get one mega cheap

my xbox is 3 years old and it hasn't got a rrod, which actually makes me insanely nervous because i know it'll eventually do that because all the older white models do (right?).

Guest Alex C

Some are fine, to date I've had 3 RRODs of which 2 were in warranty. Seriously bollocks

I might try a shoddy repair to get it working and also trade in, if these new ones are going to be a lot more reliable then it could make sense; but how much longer are they going to producing 360 games for? It's been 5 years odd already

my xbox is 3 years old and it hasn't got a rrod, which actually makes me insanely nervous because i know it'll eventually do that because all the older white models do (right?).

whilst touching wood.. mine is 3 years old as well, and i've never had a problem, apart from one of the usb slots breaking on the front of the xbox, when you plug in a usb cable it RROD's then when i take it out it goes back to normal.

but as of late, some of the games take a while to load, though its nothing a quick re-start wont cure.

im just hoping it'll hold out to at least next year. i dont think i could take my xbox360 RROD soon as nhl11 comes out.

Guest Alex C

Checking out the AV Forums apparently Sainsburys are gonna have them for £139.99, oooooh

mines shagged beyond repair after messing with is, but I don't get paid from my new job till the end of the month to get one,, pah. I'm just tempted to buy another cheap/broken one on eBay, but that'd probably die on me.

Guest Alex C

Yessir. Imagine they'll only announce it officially a few days before release or something

I'm tempted

it's threads like these that make me wonder just where joyrex is getting the money from to keep watmm online.

Ha, I wish! Just trying to help out fellow WATMM gamers when I see a good deal (although from the sounds of things, the UK "deal" is not really a good one!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gary C

So, has anyone got the new box yet? Is it noticably quieter? Run any faster? More enjoyable?

I'm asking these questions, but I might leave in an hour to go trade mine in anyway.

Guest iamabe

Holy shit. I just got home to find 2 Xbox S' for the price of 1 at my door.

Bids?

I'll give you a blowjob for the extra. A mail-blowjob.

Guest AcrossCanyons

Bids?

how is it (are they?) compared to an elite?

Guest Gary C

Bids?

how is it (are they?) compared to an elite?

I can't compare it to an Elite, but I've just started playing Limbo, a quiet game at a quiet volume, and I can hardly hear the Xbox S.

I've got it on it's side and the main grate is pretty warm. Probably as hot as the standard Xbox gets, which is worrying. I'm not sure it'd be anymore ventilated laid flat though.

It's only a little smaller than a standard, and weighs about the same. The in-built modem is awesome for me because I was having to ethernet my old Xbox to my laptop to use wireless.

The power brick is much, much, smaller, if that matters to you. It's about half as big as the original, and will make you happy when you see them next to eachother.

The controller's D-Pad is a bit clickier, should be a better for sports, combat and fighting games. I haven't used the thumbsticks yet, but I guess they're the same.

And Limbo is fucking great. A hundred times more enjoyable and engaging than Red Dead, but because it doesn't have levels, noticeable checkpoints or a plot I'm a little worried that I'm blitzing through it too quickly.

If you've got a standard Xbox, out of warranty, and think that a red ring might be 'round the corner, I'd trade it in. Of course there's no guarantee yet that something similar can't happen with this new one, but I feel a little safer.

Getting a free Xbox S has made my month. I'm going to buy some scratchcards tomorrow and see how far I can ride my luck.

Archived