IGNORED

Counter Strike: Source updated.

chassis

This beta: http://store.steampowered.com/app/260/

Has been released and now my CSS is updating for the 1st time in years. Havent played yet so ill report back with what I think.

Features new to the beta

144 achievements added

New lifetime player stats and summary screens

New match player stats and summary screens

New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player

Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures

New cinematic death camera

New domination and revenge system

Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display

Incorporated many source engine updates

Guest ruiagnelo

Just tried it and like how they managed to change and add some things without ruin the game. The killcam and new scoreboards are balanced, bodies responding to flashlight is now fixed (before only the weapon would reflect the light), textures look better. The achivements are not that special, but will keep people busy for a while. I wouldn't change that much more from now on, but i don't know what Valve is thinking..

Guest hellomynameis

Hacker makes me sick.

Pirate is ok though, but I dont think that results in a ban.

lol to be fair, this was when I was a teenager who spent too many evenings playing CSS due to lack of money and social status. I tried to randomly play it the other day and I was banned so I gave up. I will admit I did hack, but I think I did it purely for epic lols, and it worked... I had my fun back in the day

Guest Billov

When I get mah new compooter imma play me some CSS

Its been too long, I need to get back to flying around on my broomstick and noscoping people in scoutzknivez

I miss CS. I miss the old version where you'd have a sort of "space jump/super jump" and the little guys legs would flicker back and forth really fast.

The humorous "errors" are all that really stick out in my mind.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

...... yeh pretty much but there's quite a few reasons why I find CS to be not so amusing anymore. Big part is the stigma of the majority of douche clowns who play CS, apart of the reason I would probably never get subscription to world of warcraft even if they made the combat real time and actually fun. People take it too seriously.. subsequently I got raped far too many times trying to have a shits and giggles pub game to get used to CS again

Archived