IGNORED

Decibel Festival 2010 - Seattle USA

Guest spike

oh shit!

FLYING LOTUS

going to compile my events not to miss list by date and time soon. Also, i got a confirmation that there will be a detailed program for the festival with set times,, so this is going to be an amazing five days!!! now i just need to find a wicked place to crash after the daily mind melts.

OH SHIT!

Now I am definitely going. And Lorn is probably the same night? Yes. I will be there. :yeah:

And it's at Neumo's...hell yes.

Tim Hecker !!!!!!

Just got a confirm on a place to stay, best birthday present i could ask for! Also, read that the DB in the park is at the Space Needle ! Serious ill-age to be had.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

hey guys, i am considering where to stay... does anyone have any advice for hostels? i'm just planning on living out of a backpack for a weekend since i'm heading out here alone. is the green tortoise acceptable?

also i was considering renting a bike from recycled cycles to save on cab fare and to explore the city during the day.

Green Tortoise is the hostel that everyone has referred us to since it is near most of the DB fest action. Backpacking it sounds awesome, that was my plan for Detroit but I found some neat people that let me tag along with them. Renting a bike is a good idea, but recycled cycles makes you drop a fat deposit 350-450 $$$ which is kind of scary if something happens to the bike like it gets stolen etc... see if they have insurance for such cases and get it. so soon!!!!

Green Tortoise is a very central location so I guess you can't really go wrong. Don't know anything about it, though. But it'll be great for the day time, with the market and waterfront right there. Something in Capitol Hill might be closer to most of the venues, though. But I don't know if there are hostel options. Anyway Capitol Hill is not far from downtown/Green Tortoise.

sorted, thanks for the help gents!

it would definitely be fun to meet up if any fellow enthusiasts are going, obviously a few people on here are. is anyone in for the hotflush showcase on saturday evening? i'm so freaking anxious and looking forward to (that specifically and the whole weekend generally) an incredible amount. so much so i can't even speak in proper english1!

I was at Moe Bar Sunday and as I was leaving a friend walked in and said she was buying tickets for Lusine Wednesday and I talked to her for at least 5 minutes and it didn't dawn on me to go back in and buy a Flying Lotus ticket. :facepalm: So no tickets yet, and I hope it doesn't sell out before I get one. I better do that asap! Maybe I'll go tonight.

So, people should post a list of what nights they're going to. I'd definitely be interested in meeting up with folks. My list so far. I might go to others if several of you are going and it seems worth it to meet up.

9/23 @ Neumo's: Flying Lotus and friends

9/25 @ Seattle Center: DB in the Park (maybe, for Nosaj Thing)

bad news: none of the venues (apparently) will have merchandise for anyone who is performing, according to organizers (i emailed).

thursday: either the room40 label showcase (ben frost) or flylo's

friday: murcof/henke/van hoen, then the planet mu showcase, then likely the trust showcase.

saturday: fennesz, then the hotflush label showcase for the rest of the night and then the after hours theo parrish/soul clap show, flying out at 8:30 am lol.

ecstatic, right ()!)!!?!?!?!?!!?))!! the only two real "must sees" are the hotflush showcase and murcof/henke but the rest is still freaking awesome.

hey of course, also does anyone know if any of the venues for the festival are any better than any others? mostly in terms of sound systems, i guess? just curious, you know... :closedeyes::braindance:

I got my FlyLo ticket today. I asked the guy to check how close it was to selling out. He said there were about 77 tickets left, but that some may be being held at the door. He had no way to tell beyond that.

Still up for meeting up with anyone that night. I have plans till 8 but I'll be in the neighborhood, we should organize a quick dinner perhaps. There's a ton of food within a block of Neumo's and even more within 2-3 blocks.

Here's the schedule for Thursday @ Neumo's:

9:00-9:45 - Truckasauras

9:45-10:30 - Samiyam

10:30-11:15 - Lorn

11:15-12:15 - Eskmo

12:15-1:30 - Flying Lotus

I got my FlyLo ticket today. I asked the guy to check how close it was to selling out. He said there were about 77 tickets left, but that some may be being held at the door. He had no way to tell beyond that.

Still up for meeting up with anyone that night. I have plans till 8 but I'll be in the neighborhood, we should organize a quick dinner perhaps. There's a ton of food within a block of Neumo's and even more within 2-3 blocks...

cool. i won't be arriving in until 10:30-11 on thursday night, so i'll have to make a mad dash to pick up my pass before midnight and get to neumo's thereafter.

" We are quickly selling out of showcase tickets and passes and want to be sure everyone has the information they need to plan accordingly. Here is how to get into your favorite showcases.

For a downloadable schedule with set times click here

For Optical 1 & 2 / Room40 Label Showcases

* Pass holders can check in, get their ticket, and then come back

* All pass holders need to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the event

* At 30 minutes prior to the event we will sell any remaining tickets to the people waiting in line, on a first come, first serve basis

For Neumos, Sole Repair and Baltic Room Showcases

* Once capacity is reached at the venues will be using a “one out, one in” admission policy. If you leave to have a smoke you will need to wait in line again.

* Ticket holders are guaranteed admission, although if you arrive late you will need to stand in line

* Pass holders will also need to stand in line once capacity is reached

"

i think it's kind of bunk that they didn't set a limited number of passes and then guarantee admission to those with passes to *all* events, but whatever, but i know it's not all that simple.

can't wait! any local know the easiest/quickest/cheapest way to get from SEATAC to downtown/pike st market? i'm checking the airport website for info, and i'm renting a bike all day friday and saturday to tool around on so it should be sweet. hoping the weather holds..

can't wait! any local know the easiest/quickest/cheapest way to get from SEATAC to downtown/pike st market? i'm checking the airport website for info, and i'm renting a bike all day friday and saturday to tool around on so it should be sweet. hoping the weather holds..

Lightrail's the ticket! Direct train ride from Seatac to downtown.

http://www.soundtransit.org/x11204.xml

Lightrail's the ticket! Direct train ride from Seatac to downtown.

http://www.soundtransit.org/x11204.xml

word, thanks! i saw that of course right after i posted.

edit: also wish i hadn't been foolish enough to get a pass, it would have been cheaper and more reliable to get tickets for each event. rare is the event where passholders actually Don't have priority, regardless of when you show up.

Archived