IGNORED

Big Screen PC Entertainment

I recently got myself a nice 47" LED TV which I'm also using as my PC monitor with a HDMI cable from a pretty nice graphics card. Its been quite a luxury to lounge back on the sofa and surf the net, watch movies, xbox red dead etc. i downloaded the bbc life series in HD and watched through the whole amazing spectacle. Its the first time I've had a large screen or watched anything in high definition so im spending alot of time searching for cool shit to download in 1080p and enjoy this expensive purchase as much as possible.

Any suggestions / links of great things to watch/do/play is high res would be appreciated.

For anyone who hasnt seen the bbc life series btw, get it and enjoy hours of some of the greatest tv ever.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

if that screen can push 120hz(a requirement for the tech) get nvidia 3d vision glasses goin and play almost any beautiful pc game in 3D, its fucking insane

its way more flawless than most if not all 3D movies

dont you need a 3d tv for that?

nope - the 120hz alternates each eye's angle/viewpoint and the glasses alternate each eye in turn to match the angle said eye should see.

you get 60fps in one eye and 60fps in another.

(it works)

nope - the 120hz alternates each eye's angle/viewpoint and the glasses alternate each eye in turn to match the angle said eye should see.

(it works)

thats definately a future purchase if that really works. a friend of mine just payed out 2k on a 3d tv. i had no idea you could do that on a regular tv.

crysis is a beautiful game for sure

EDIT:crysis warhead is a bit more optimized you have a better chance being able to get decent FPS with cloud 9 high settings

(it works)

thats definately a future purchase if that really works. a friend of mine just payed out 2k on a 3d tv. i had no idea you could do that on a regular tv.

GeForce_3D_Vision_Splash.jpg

3DVision-header-new.jpg

ACTIVE SHUTTER GLASSES TECHNOLOGY

NVIDIA 3D Vision PCs work with cutting edge LCDs that feature true 120Hz LCD technology to deliver a full-resolution 3D experience with active shutter glasses technology. With this method, the left and right eye images are presented on alternating frames, but since these monitors are capable of 120Hz, each eye still sees a full 60Hz signal that is equivalent to the refresh rate on LCD monitors today. 3D Vision PCs support desktop LCD monitors with resolutions of 1680x1050 and 1920x1080.This offers a number of advantages including:

> Full resolution per eye: In 3D mode, each eye receives the full resolution of the display for the highest possible image quality for text and objects.

> Wide Viewing angle for 3D: Because full images are presented on alternating frames, there are no restrictions on the viewing angle in 3D mode. Users are free to move their heads vertically or horizontally within the full viewing angle of the display without losing the 3D effect or suffering increased ghosting which allowing for comfortable viewing for continuous gaming or movie watching.

> Great 2D Operation: If you decide to switch back to 2D at any time, the performance of 3D Vision PCs support a 120 Hz higher refresh rate that reduces ghosting and blur typically found during motion on existing PCs that have 60 Hz displays.

> Personalized fit: Designed and built by NVIDIA, our high tech active shutter glasses have top-of-the-line optics, include adjustable nose pieces, and are modeled after modern sunglasses.

crysis is a beautiful game for sure

EDIT:crysis warhead is a bit more optimized you have a better chance being able to get decent FPS with cloud 9 high settings

my gpu and ram are better than my cpu, it's immensely frustrating having it turn into quake on a 386 when there's loads of shit happening.

bottlenecks suck. but yeah, so very pretty

its fucking amazing that to this day a 2 year old game or so is still the most advanced/beautiful graphics in a commercial viduya game

not really, it's easier to code with no regard for system specs and let your renderers and z-buffers and shit go wild drawing stuff the player will never see.

much harder to code in an economic manner and manage your z-buffers and shadows and stuff efficiently. the all-out approach does result in lovely stuff, but bioshock runs on a relatively modest system, and it's beautiful. doesn't do proper 1080p though iirc.

No I completely understand that Crysis just built a game that destroyed fucking great and expensive computers at the time it was released, was not designed conservatively and could have been better optimized. Its no doubt still the most beautiful game available when you have the settings jacked 2 years later that's definitely pretty amazing... but not really just in the impressive since but also because its pretty fucking funny how far passed the market they shot with the crytek engine. As far as I know they really didn't make much money off the game and its understandable why.

I'm very interested to see how Crysis 2 will look on consoles, it really didn't seem possible to be even near on par with visual fidelity of the original on a console let alone surpass it.

Archived