IGNORED

The New iPod Touch

beariksson

yes. you can get a iphone 3gs 8GB for $99 and you can get a ipod touch for like $200. no sense.

sense = $99 with a contract

i am personally really happy with the improvements on the ipod touch, but i've been meaning to get an iphone for awhile now so i'm holding out.

well i got mine free with a contract.

You will evently pay all for your iphone with the data plan over the years.

£35 a month free everything (calls, texts, internet). no complaints.

35 quid a month for 2 years = 840 pounds. Yer definitely paying for the iPhone.

i get free calls and texts and a little bit of internet i cant use for 10 quid a month because i dont have an iphone. so ultimately having an iphone is a seriously expensive bit of kit.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't read this whole thread yet, so it my question may be answered, but is there any word on the audio quality?

I'd like to get one of these, but my Sony mp3 player has damn fine audio, and I wouldn't want to jump if it means a compromise in music quality.

supposedly the audio quality on regular ipods (i dont know about touch) has deteriorated each generation.

And where'd you hear/read/see/imagine that?

on the internet. It was one of the factors that lead me to buy a zune instead. I remember reading that the audio chips in 2nd or 3rd generation ipods had the best audio chips out of any of their successors, and ipod has been using lower quality audio chips for subsequent generations, with the 6th generation being the "worst". I'm not saying they have bad audio quality, just that they don't make them like they used to.

http://www.wired.com/listening_post/2007/09/ipod-classics-s/

Yup, and audio magazines.

Hi-Fi News (which I read every now and again when they've got articles that interest me) and a couple of others have always been a little critical of the sound quality of i-pods. I usually read the comparison tests that they do now-and-again between mp3 players/portable audio devices, and they never come top of the list for audio quality. It's one of the principal reasons that I chose my Sony, as I said above, because it got glowing reviews for it's audio, coming near, if not top, in a few tests.

I know the touch has a shit load of features that elevate it way above my NWZ-A818, but I use these things principally for music.

' He admits his test was somewhat compromised by using a laptop input to record test signals from the iPods,'

:facepalm:

Archived