IGNORED

Twilight Horizon

Zephyr_Nova

This is a song from an album I've been working on for the last three years on and off, which I think is finally finished today. I'd love to hear any and all feedback, but what would be especially helpful to me is advice on which labels might be interested in something like this, because I honestly have no idea. Don't know the genre, don't know who my audience is... The truth is I'm pretty much hopeless when it comes to self-promotion, but I really don't want this album to go to waste. I know if I just go ahead and release it myself right away it'll just end up being relegated to obscurity indefinitely.

The drums were performed by my friend Jud MacKay, the rest is me. It's very melodic, kind of dark, dramatic... Oh, and I'm curious too if the overloaded mastering on the chorus bugs anyone. (I like it because it adds to the chaos in a way I find interesting, but I'd like to hear some other opinions. I'm hoping it's not something that would ruin the song for a listener who would otherwise enjoy it.)

Enough rambling, here's the song:

I quite dug the vocal melody in the load parts. The second time it got all quiet felt a bit short, like it should have lasted a little longer but got cut off almost. That's just a first listen reaction, though, might be fine. Overall I enjoyed it. No idea about labels, though.

its not the kind of music i listen to in my spare time but i can see how well its done anyway. Nice composition and even better performing. Especially your singing is brilliant. The character of your voice is quite special and lovely.

do go on

Thanks! It's always a relief to know the vocals have gone over well, because that's the part that's a bit nerve racking for me. If i could alter certain characteristics about my voice I probably would, but for the most part I like it in this song.

Archived