IGNORED

Reaktor Programmers

rude_NHS

Some of the guys on the NI Reaktor messageboard have been known to take up a challenge if they find it interesting. What's your spec?

well, i've got a few ideas. i dont own reaktor and have never used it but plan to buy it very soon. i've had a go with the demo and have read up alot about some of the instruments and whats on offer in the community. i imagine the type of thing i'm after is common place in the forum, so to start babbling idea would be pointless at this stage. i think once i've had a good go with already whats on offer then maybe i might be able to be a bit more specific. but at this stage, i'm interested in granular beat machines/rythym generators for live mangling of drum loops. like a dr.rex on speed whislt getting ten thousand cavity fillings from a paint stripper.

there are couple i've seen already that look like what i'm after, like loop rippa, gobox, and other which icant remeber the names but are basically different versions of tim exiles keymasher.

do you use reaktor then? ever tried getting some genius to build you something?

Live manglers have been on the menu for the past few months over at the forum - Tim Exile posted a cut-down version of what he uses live and a bunch of advanced Reaktor builders created variations on it. So what you're looking for already exists.

I love Reaktor and recommend it highly. You'll get the most out of it if you learn to build your own stuff though.

yeah, basically i want to buy it cause i wanna make my own stuff, but figured if it takes me until i'm 80 to do it then i could ask a friendly chap on the forum to help out.

and yeah, after browsing the user library i was fully aware of the plethora of mangling utilities already available.

i've been useing reason for a couples of years. done some really cool mod routings in 3.0, but it just doesnt offer much in the ways of granular/wave table systhesis and sample play back.

Guest test pattern

reaktor be the jam man...

all i gotsta say is that if you can do modular synthesis (whether on a hardware or software system) you should be able to get a grasp on reaktor fairly quickly....

once you have learned all the modules an shit then building becomes a bit easier.....

its mostly knowing the ins and outs of the modules and where to connect, which is the basic principals of modular synthesis just here its applied on a grander scale...

anyone on here tried building anything themselves and been happy with it?

i understand that they have these macros aswell so if you want say a basic squarewave synth then you can just laod one rather than having to biuld one cfrom scratch, along with fx and stuff.

yeah, has anyone tried building there vision and been totally successful, i'm not questioning anyones ability on here, just genuinely interested.

Guest test pattern

i've built a live beat machine/sample mangler.....its really close to what i envision......i just need to figure a couple more things out and its should be done.....i did a live set w/ it on 3/18, and am in the process of uploading it to the net.....i'll put a link in this thread once its uploaded...

i've built a live beat machine/sample mangler.....its really close to what i envision......i just need to figure a couple more things out and its should be done.....i did a live set w/ it on 3/18, and am in the process of uploading it to the net.....i'll put a link in this thread once its uploaded...

yeah do that. would really like to here what its like.

did you find it quite hard? have you been using reaktor for a while? did you start from scracth or dip into someone else ensemble and customize it?

i am deeply interested in knowing these things, like how hard is it REALLY to build stuff, as i'm so close to buying reaktor 5

Guest grasshoppa

Well you can make a synth in seconds it is really quite easy. ive made some simple ones.

just insert what wave ocillator you want, stick in some switches to go between filters/wave.blah/blh and your away

Been modifying reaktor libary manglers and that adding diff effects and playing around, flip the panel over and experiment. going to start my own beat machine soon, but liking the 3 synced up that I have now for now...

Got reaktor 5 yesterday which you can go even deeper into the modules but the key gen is fucked.....

I've built a bunch of things I'm very happy with. To get the most out of it requires commitment.

The best way to learn is to take apart the classic Martin Brinkmann ensembles - the latest ones that come with it are so sophisticated a beginner would never figure them out.

Getting a licensed copy is highly recommended. That gives you access to the vast user library and the messageboards. I think you can post on the messageboards without buying it but people will figure out pretty quickly that you're a pirate. Yarrr.

It's not cheap but one you know it all you need is Reaktor and a wave editor.

Guest test pattern
did you find it quite hard? have you been using reaktor for a while? did you start from scracth or dip into someone else ensemble and customize it?

i am deeply interested in knowing these things, like how hard is it REALLY to build stuff, as i'm so close to buying reaktor 5

As grasshopper said its easy to build simple things....

oh and as a side, i'm using ver 4

anyways

i'll have been using it for 2 years sometime late this summer....for the most part i have been building from scratch....the only things i have 'customized' were a bit crusher/sample reducer i found in a patch in the user library and i needed to figure out how to build a 32 step sequencer so i looked at the ¿dsq-32? to figure out how the multiplex sequencer works......other than that i have pretty much figured everything i know through trial and error and using my eyes, ears, and brain...i would say i started to get decent/fair results out of the program within a month or two of having purchased it...

• 2 weeks later...

hi there me again. so this is when all my years of experience in recording, sequencing, editing, production and composition go out the window for this special reaktor thred i've created. some of you may enjoy watching me squerm as i embark on the idiots(or beginners to be fair) run down of how to get around this peace of software i've never used before.

so whats the deal with the interface. like if i load an ensemble from the browser window it keeps playing when i close it and i have to open a new one from the file tab. can you like have as many ensembles in a session as you like?

also, how the hell do i tame some of the sample players down to stop them going spaz and playing a hundred different samples every 16th note? wheres the innit patch botton?

Guest grasshoppa

"so whats the deal with the interface" + "can you like have as many ensembles in a session as you like?"

well its like panels as seen in the thing here above /\ and you can add different ensembles by right clicking "insert instrument" so you can have a few yes, but depending on cpu as circled. And you need a mixer as circled aswell.

"wheres the innit patch button?"

I just do that manually, takes a few mins but I think there is a way :s

there is always lucifer vst

on a side note I'd like to say I love reaktor, but sometimes when you get involved with it you can spend a week designing some ensamble instead of writing music, so make sure you like building or modifying stuff

• 4 weeks later...

reaktor wails

i built some nice sine wave boc style shit a while back - i really need to get back into it.

that drum machine looks damn tasty :omg:

mo

Guest iep
yeh i build that in reactor last year

:cool:

respect.

reaktor wails incredibely hard; you can program really deep with it using the core (sub-)system.. i'm working on a drone-generator/psychedelic-wall-of-sound-machine right now, but this stuff is so complex, i still keep discovering new shit....

Guest Shining Rock

this may be insanely stupid but how do i go about actually programming in reaktor, like i figured out how to create synth or premade ensemble

but how do i write out melodies?

Archived