IGNORED

Reaktor Programmers

rude_NHS

this may be insanely stupid but how do i go about actually programming in reaktor, like i figured out how to create synth or premade ensemble

but how do i write out melodies?

well, there are machines with sekuencers on it, and you can always buil one for u, or a external one like cubase prottools etc...

not that i know how to do it....

so, how do i go about learning reaktor and building stuff??? do i need any elektronics basics, does it have anything to do with true electronics, i mean, someone who builds a real amplifier or something, can make the same amplifier on reaktor???

Guest Shining Rock

this may be insanely stupid but how do i go about actually programming in reaktor, like i figured out how to create synth or premade ensemble

but how do i write out melodies?

well, there are machines with sekuencers on it, and you can always buil one for u, or a external one like cubase prottools etc...

not that i know how to do it....

so, how do i go about learning reaktor and building stuff??? do i need any elektronics basics, does it have anything to do with true electronics, i mean, someone who builds a real amplifier or something, can make the same amplifier on reaktor???

yeah like i'm used to reason and the piano roll and making actual songs, reaktor seems more like it only functions to create cool sounds and not really plan out a song, at least i don't know how to, can someone clarify? thanks

Guest vodor

I don't know shit about it, but I think typically you'd use Reaktor as a VST instrument/effect, so you'd use it along with something like Reason.

But like other people have said, you can build machines to sequence and such.

yeah like i'm used to reason and the piano roll and making actual songs, reaktor seems more like it only functions to create cool sounds and not really plan out a song, at least i don't know how to, can someone clarify? thanks

thats why Reaktor is best used as a VST plugin inside a host sequencer like cubase, Ableton, logic, etc. As a standalone program its not really capable of making full songs. Even if you only wanted to use reaktor standalone you're still going to have to cut loops from a real-time recording of it and splice them together to make some kind of arrangement. Its the only VST instrument i use anymore.

http://www.recordlabelrecords.org/norcal.html

this page has the only fully fledged online reaktor tutorial ive seen. I wrote it a while back, but now its fully ready with example patches to help you on your way.

let me know if you need any help, no question is too stupid.

Chapter 5 - Jamming in Reaktor....LEGO style is probably most fun lesson on the page. It basically is setup so a novice can download the example patches and start making a real-time generated song. This page needs a little updating i realized there is no "synther" patch on the page, but all synther is includes a "simple sequencer" ism controlling a "Shaper organ" ism as shown in the first picture of p1 of the lesson.

So basically to get start before step 1, first right click on the blank background of reaktor with no patch open and hit "make new instrument". A blank box should appear and when you click to go inside of it the only thing present should be "L" and "R" output modules.

if anybody has any questions whatsoever ill be looking at this thread and can offer more help.

Guest Lindrum Larry Cocopipe

i use an atari st for arrangements of reaktor5 in standalone mode.

Guest Shining Rock

is atari st a lame joke or something you've actually programmed yourself?

what?

how fast of a computer do you need to run reaktor? i'm interested in it , not for programming (not quite yet anyways)< but for using some of these wild patches

is that an actual program?

do you know what an atari st is?

Guest Iain C

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaha

Guest Shining Rock

maybe instead of laughing you jackasses could simply CLARIFY what atari st is jesus christ

maybe instead of laughing you jackasses could simply CLARIFY what atari st is jesus christ

is this guy braindead or what?

google-motherfucker.jpg

Archived