IGNORED

Electronic Anthology Project

Guest wake

This might be jazz for some of you, but I thought it was worth making a thread about it.

Doug Marstch + Synths + Drum Machines = Win.

Electronic Anthology Project

tumblr_l6i2np6f8B1qb4urw.jpg

The Electronic Anthology Project began as the idea of Built To Spill bassist Brett Nelson. Always having loved and been greatly influenced by 80's New Wave Music (a huge factor in wanting to even create music in the first place) he wondered what a guitar driven band like Built To Spill would sound like if made a little more New Wave circa 1982. He entered his home studio in November 2009 not knowing if fellow band mate Doug Martsch would even be into his idea which would require him to re-sing all the songs. With one rule "synthesizer and drum machine only" he started and soon had "I Would Hurt A Fly" nearly done and sent a rough mix to Doug who quickly agreed to re-sing all the songs. Emerging eight months later with one song off of each Built To Spill record done local friend and ex-bandmate Jon Mullin (The Suffocation Keep) mastered the final mixes that Brett and Doug had completed. Brett's son Nicholas did the cover layout/art with anagrams of the original titles provided by Stephanie,Brett's wife. Brett hopes to redo other bands music as future Electronic Anthology Projects.

http://www.myspace.com/527249283

:cool:

I checked this out about a month ago. I didn't really care for it, only the first and last tracks appealed to me. As you said, it's cheese and that's all it's meant to be, but I think he could have done one of two things with it: Made it ultimately cheesy, or taken it more seriously and come up with something more interesting. As it is, it just sounds pretty half-assed and pointless. Too bad, because I'm a huge BtS and Doug Marstch fan.

Guest disparaissant

i dont know if i'd say half assed but the reverb doesnt sound "right" which is weird and honestly it would be like 10x better if he was faking a british accent!

still, i love synthpop and i love bts so heeeeey i cant really hate it.

Archived