IGNORED

Who created us?

skotosa

Yeah I understand but I still enjoy the discussion. So many unnecessary deaths have come from Religion and Religion being a product from those seeking an answer. If we can come up with a less violent and manipulative answer then I think we are better off. And as time goes on I think if we continue the discussion we will get closer and closer to the answer but if we shun those who try and think about it or simply ignore the question and live on ignorantly like we all always do, then we will never know will we.

you are right..

please carry on. i will shush.

Thanks but at this point there is nothing to carry on really :/

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Uncertainty principle and the fact that nothing is there until it is observed by us as the most fascinating aspect of Quantum Physics and from Einstein's Theory of Relativity the fact that Time slows down the faster you go another fascinating physical reality.

String Theory will be the best by far. Our reality may just be like a dream where everything is just waves of vibrations.

Guest Funktion

man...

firstly, quanta is there when it's not being observed, we just don't what state it's in, and that string theory thing... you're interpreting systems of hard mathematics and applying it to your daily life when it really has no reason to be there! it's like what the social darwinists did, it's just silly. i admire your interest tho, oh and i have read GEB, altho only once, i admit.

man...

firstly, quanta is there when it's not being observed, we just don't what state it's in, and that string theory thing... you're interpreting systems of hard mathematics and applying it to your daily life when it really has no reason to be there! it's like what the social darwinists did, it's just silly. i admire your interest tho, oh and i have read GEB, altho only once, i admit.

I feel ya. I have yet to finish GEB actually, been on and off hehe.

Its a lot like the question "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" well one answer is no, it doesn't make a sound since no one is there to translate the waves of vibrations as sound which is a construct of our minds. So if realty is nothing but vibrating strings then we can apply the same principle of sound vibrations with strings and conclude again that existence is here because we are here. But now others could argue the contrary that sound will happen regardless if someone was there or not (like you say) meaning that despite the measurement problem on the quantum level (the Uncertainty Principle) reality would exist, us conscious or not.

So I guess things, as always, are just dependent on one variable, you. Although I'd like to think there is an absolute answer to every question.

Archived