IGNORED

quick watmmpinion

Guest ruiagnelo

why are we making such a mess in our cities with so much money and advanced technology?

I would think this is political as well. And because of the individuals preference.

People naturally think concrete structures are necessary, because anything less will be unsafe. Of course this is true to an extant, but we build everything, even simple things, out of concrete.

I agree with you. I think some major innovations in using more natural and cheaper materials will happen in the near future. At least I really hope so. People are realizing more and more that resources are limited.

And lol at Mildew's comment. I guess you could email/call someone for help.

Guest ruiagnelo

sounds like it would be p.noisy

there will be acoustic isolation. no sound will enter the space.

what if someone gets locked inside, and they try to shout for help, but they are acousticly isolated?

WHAT THEN?!

OH GOD

cellphones have been invented already.

that is not really a big problem.

You would need a social revolution for this to work in the way you intended it to. Its a good idea but will the rest of the public see it in a positive light.

social revolution?

i don't understand

Guest ruiagnelo

i don't understand

You're talking to Craig.

i know. just wanted to give him a chance.

seems he doesn't want to come back and give us some lights on his deep thoughts.

If people could be trusted not to urinate/defecate/sperminate in these rest cocoons, they'd be great. Keeping them hygenic would be a nightmare for whomever had that responsibility. You'd also need a security guard hanging around to keep it safe.

It is a cool idea, not trying to knock it or anything. Those are just things that I think would be impossible-to-avoid practical problems with it. I like the concept though, like it a lot! :shuriken:

My girlfriend says before every vacation she takes, her and her parents usually drive to the airport the night before and stay in a shitty hotel, because it's cheap. (We live over an hour and a half away from the nearest airport, w/o traffic). They would definitely use the nest instead, if it existed.

What you describe is EXACTLY what Capsule Hotels are used in Japan for, as was mentioned earlier.

Not at all. Capsule hotels are generally used for drunk businessmen or cheap travellers (like myself). Capsule hotels are often buildings that are hotel-size and they tend to have a full eco-system within them i.e. one floor is a bath house, one floor is a restaurant/bar, one floor is a lounge area. Unfortunately, some Japanese businessmen have a tendency to walk around naked in these structures.

However, in Narita airport, they have an idea somewhat similar, although without all the architectural detail. A traveller can rent either a quick shower room, or a room with a bed and a shower. If you're ever in Narita for a long time, get a room, it's a fucking dull international airport.

Great idea, though I do wonder about the feasibility of the movable/modular structure like you mentioned.

Archived