IGNORED

A Tribe Called Quest - New Documentary

BobDobalina

atcq-main-bgTallest.jpg

Just found out about this via the Stones Throw website ("Peanut Butter Wolf is the music supervisor of the film, Madlib has created original music for the score" :emotawesomepm9: ); these guys have pretty much been my favorite hiphop group ever since a little snot-nosed Bob picked up Peoples Instinctive Travels on cassette a gazillion years ago. Anyway it looks awesome and I'd love to see it; hope it makes it's way around the art house theater circuit after the Sundance Festival... it's directed by Michael Rapaport :cisfor: who I had no idea until now was ATCQ fan.

http://www.atribecalledquestmovie.com

A really good article & video about Phife and the Tribe's feelings on the documentary and each other:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/01/sundance_report_why_phife_dawg.html

Also to this day I still have no idea what Jarobi does/did lol.

From discogs:

Jarobi White (born 1971) is an American hip hop artist, and one of the four original members of A Tribe Called Quest.

He joined the group in the late 1980s as a part-time member. Although he did not rap on the albums, he came up with ideas for songs like "I Left My Wallet In El Segundo", which became a single off the group's first album. He also contributed to versions of the songs "Push It Along", "Youthful Expression", and "Can I Kick It?". He also appeared in five of the 13 music videos the group filmed.

He left the group in 1991 to attend culinary school. He continues to produce songs with former bandmates Phife Dawg and DJ Rasta Root.

He appeared only on one album, People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm. He had actual vocals recorded for the Tribe's second album, The Low End Theory, but when he left the group they were removed. He was mentioned in a skit on Midnight Marauders—the members of the group are listed followed by the phrase "A, E, I, O, U and sometimes Y", with the final letter referring to the fact that White was only an occasional member. He was also mentioned on Phife's solo album Ventilation: Da LP.

As a part of the Native Tongues collaboration, White appeared on "Pease Porridge" by De La Soul, on their 1991 album De La Soul Is Dead, which features several other Native Tongues rappers as well.

In 2006 White joined A Tribe Called Quest on stage during their performance at the Bumbershoot festival. He is also the manager of Washington D.C.-based rapper Head-Roc.

He was honored along with the rest of A Tribe Called Quest in VH1's fourth annual Hip Hop Honors ceremony.

Wow so I guess he like, sorta, did, um... stuff :sup:

Archived