IGNORED

maximizing income

vamos scorcho

upload it all to the internet and sort out the details later.

this is sort of what i've decided on. i realized yet again that making money on the songs is a dead end motion. to think that way would be to lose sight of my original goals of creating music.

luckily when the album is done i might be able to do something with it. but like my brother told me, "this is great, but most people aren't going to love it. Pitchfork won't like it." kind of a wake up moment for me, remembering that no matter what, i'm still an experimental prick and i hate the music that gets good reviews anyhow. so what's the problem1?

Guest futuregirlfriend

i'd be very happy maybe by tonight to post a song for criticism.

NDA me some of your NDC in a PM.

Guest Lube Saibot

fully produced techno singles and so on

it's probably not, though, is it?

basically i'm working on a 5-8 song EP of modern styled dubstep.

you aren't though, are you?

Guest Enter a new display name

I wonder how much money someone like Skream or Girl Unit etc makes from records and DJing. I'm sure the DJing is where the money comes in. maybe if i get a deal i can start to tour with other acts and use that as my take off point.

Skream makes 10 grands per mix. He doesn't enjoy what he produces anymore because of people's expectations, though.

Even he has to put aside what he truly enjoys to gain money.

I wonder how much money someone like Skream or Girl Unit etc makes from records and DJing. I'm sure the DJing is where the money comes in. maybe if i get a deal i can start to tour with other acts and use that as my take off point.

Skream makes 10 grands per mix. He doesn't enjoy what he produces anymore because of people's expectations, though.

Even he has to put aside what he truly enjoys to gain money.

yeah. i feel like perhaps that would be like forgetting the meaning of life. money really isn't as good as enjoying the small moments. that's what people have to remember.

If you can pull it off easily enough without it interfering too much with your own creative aspirations, I say go for it. I produced backing tracks for a pop singer a couple years and it was kind of fun, something I'd consider doing again. I was just sent the naked vocal and asked to go to town with it. It never got released and the label went under, no money made, but still worthwhile as an experience. Plus I think I learned a few production tricks in the process, so it was beneficial in other ways. It may make you realize some directions you can push your own music that you may not have considered otherwise.

Guest esstevancarlos

upload it all to the internet and sort out the details later.

this is sort of what i've decided on. i realized yet again that making money on the songs is a dead end motion. to think that way would be to lose sight of my original goals of creating music.

luckily when the album is done i might be able to do something with it. but like my brother told me, "this is great, but most people aren't going to love it. Pitchfork won't like it." kind of a wake up moment for me, remembering that no matter what, i'm still an experimental prick and i hate the music that gets good reviews anyhow. so what's the problem1?

I just had a genius idea. An anti-pitchfork website dedicated to Re-reviewing all the albums they review and offering a more critical WATMM point of view. Something for experimental pricks. "kitschfork.com"?

Guest hahathhat

cuntfork.net has far superior taste than you, but perhaps by reading it you can someday hope to be indie IDM.

Listen to Kcinsu/everyone.

fully produced techno singles and so on

it's probably not, though, is it?

basically i'm working on a 5-8 song EP of modern styled dubstep.

you aren't though, are you?

Bahahaha

Archived