IGNORED

Neon Jung (Keaver & Brause) - Just Can't Leave It Alone/Too Many Facets 10"

Guest nonsuch

Soundin lush. Though I wish Tom was still makin more beats under K&B....

more k&b stuff coming soon(ish)

hello nonsuch, do you work for the label or are you part of keaver and brause? are you guys gigantic or semi fans of Nonesuch records and Beaver and Krause? I see little if no connection whatsoever between the act you are satirizing in the name and the music itself so i was just wondering what inspired it. It's probably my favorite record label, so of course i was curious to find out more backstory on the choice of name(s)

edit: in case anyone is wondering what the hell im talking about please see -

61akuFcvrdL.jpg

Old-Nonesuch-logo-1964-1985.png

• 2 months later...
Guest windows78

out this week!!!!

from boomkat >

"Having opened Magic Wire's account with two of his own future-nostalgic rave creations, Lone hands over the reins to Neon Jung for the label's third outing. And what a record it is: like his label boss, NJ favours a fizzing cocktail of choppy, post-'ardkore drums and wonked-out melodies, and it goes down a treat. 'Just Can't Leave It Alone' rules the A-side, 16-bit strings pining for days gone by while steppers' kicks and claps push onwards into the unknown. Just beautiful. On 'Too Many Facets' the breaks get busier, and the synths go haywire: out of a radioactive electro ooze, spindly arpeggios climb glistening towards the great carnival in the sky - make no mistake, this is the kind of wildly psychedelic but heavily anchored business that just DESTROYS dancefloors. We'd go as far as to say that there's something of Mssrs Atkins and May in the chaotic harmony and sheer bug-eyed imagination of Neon Jung's offerings, though if you're looking for modern comparisons the ruff, technicolour house of Jam City, Kingdom and L-Vis 1990 might be more apposite. Big, big recommendation."

http://boomkat.com/vinyl/412119-neon-ju ... e-it-alone

Archived