IGNORED

Want to make CDs

Cryptowen

I don't really have interest in trying to sell my stuff, but sometimes I like sending it out to radio stations, the vast majority of which seem to only accept hard copies of music for play consideration. In the past I've just bought blank disks from the local electronics store & burned them on my computer, but they usually turn out a bit crap (sometimes cutting out in the middle of tracks).

Soooo...I need to rethink my plan of attack. Any trustworthy online sources for getting disks made cheap? Cases/disk art isn't really necessary & I'd prefer to not have to buy several hundred copies. Alternatively, is there a way I can help to ensure that the ones I make on my own computer don't come out with shittish playback?

^Just one I downloaded off the first few pages of Google results (CDBurnerXP or something like that). Know of any better programs?

To be honest I'm not sure how many of the disks come out bad, because I didn't want to play through each copy the whole way. I only found out about the glitches after the local radio station mentioned it to me (I didn't include contact info with most of the ones I sent out of province).

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Buy a few dozen cds that are meant for that purpose from Disk Makers that are made from higher quality materials maybe and are less error prone, turn off your anti-virus and any other processes that you can while you are burning your cd, de-fragmentation your hard drive, clean your registry... or kill disk your HD and reformat proper. You can click verify data on CD burner XP to make sure there were no errors. Burn at the slowest speed your burner will go down to if your burning audio cds for broadcasting. Take every precaution you can I guess.

Those are my only knee jerk suggestions.

^Just one I downloaded off the first few pages of Google results (CDBurnerXP or something like that). Know of any better programs?

I use this one too and never had any problems. Now I'm on macintosh and have to use iTunes but it works very good as a burner !

Blanket Fort Collapse just gave you all the tips, I guess I can't help more :shrug:

Archived