IGNORED

Antape - Happy (But Don't Know Why)

Lucas

http://soundcloud.com/antape/happy-but-dont-know-why

Hi, this is my latest song. I'd describe it as a funky acid track with a much enjoyable bouncy part in the middle and a quite-meh-but-OK ending.

Have a good listening, give me some feedback if you want to, no matter what you want to say is good or bad, and also just download it if you like it and think it could benefits from some more listening.

Antape

Guess what? This is really really fucking good. The only thing I want to tell you is that some of the manic breakbeat passages, while tastefully done, don't really add anything to the song(they are tasteful enough that they don't really take anything away from the experience, but still initially sound out of place to me). I think your talent of presenting a tasteful and playful melodic brilliance(something I personally strive for in my own music as well) really shows in this piece and is very unique. If some of the double tempo break passages were simplified or even removed, it would be just as good. If it is really something you enjoy in the music, then you should leave them there because this is just my musical opinion, but I feel they are not needed. [im speaking specifically to the section at 1:52]. This song is also refreshing to hear because it sounds complete and the structure is really fleshed out. Very often I hear pieces on YLC that are really amazing in parts, but just end abruptly and go nowhere. This avoids all of that, Good job.

Well, what you said about the structure and the melodies playfulness really touch me because this is basically what I manage to do since I started to make music and it's been about four year of researches that weren't always relevant. I'm very glad to see that eventually people can be sensitive to that.

About the manic breakbeat passages, I think they're part of the song in the sense they add to the naive and wild happiness that I wanted to put in it, though I admit I've had some hesitations about the dumb jungle part at 1:52 because it breaks the groove of the previous part, which is really my favourite one of the track.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback, it's much appreciated

that part sounds a little bit more in place when i play it on headphones. Don't second guess yourself, well formed melody and song structure means way more, to me, than how lush a reverb is and how present a kick drumi s. One thing this reminded me of, is this animation, i fuckn love the tune in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T1llQSMj-o

that part sounds a little bit more in place when i play it on headphones. Don't second guess yourself, well formed melody and song structure means way more, to me, than how lush a reverb is and how present a kick drumi s. One thing this reminded me of, is this animation, i fuckn love the tune in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T1llQSMj-o

Nice video. I'm surprised about the music and its date, find it sounds both old and ahead of its time.

Also I checked the link to your music and really like it !

I'll look forward to what you add

I love this. Feeling a bit jealous.

Come on, I heard works in progress by yours some times ago and found it fucking good. Hope you progressed in finishing them btw

• 2 weeks later...

Archived