IGNORED

Should I quit my job today?

funkaholic

Guest Deep Fried Everything

You aren't working if you aren't get paid,you are just volunteering. I mean how the fuck can you even live if you don't get paid? You don't have rent/food/whatever to pay???

It's basic society dude. You work. Money comes in for the exchange of service. Don't be a wuss fearing your employer, show some respect

this. if it's not an internship (with a defined end date), you're probably being taken for a ride. (shouldn't you know if it is an internship or not?)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree in that that CPU is shit. not worth stealing, but even if it was, don't steal anything. if you leave, do so professionally. one thing about the art/designer/marketing world is it's very small. don't burn any bridges just yet but don't stay anywhere you don't feel welcomed either.

im now working 3 days a week, so i now have to time to look for part time work and/or a new job. as for money, he said june is when he can talk realistically about a wage as some deals should of been signed off by then.

If you think it's a serious point that you will get some sort of wage around June then it seems that you should stay, given that it's only next month. Work your ass off in the meantime to prove what you can do and what he needs in him business.

Hopefully you get a good offer come June. If not then you seriously need to review your position there.

Guest abusivegeorge

Don't even think about leaving without at least getting a reach around.

It honestly sounds a bit naive, that you are keeping a job like that. Can't believe you actually haven't quit it yet. Of course you should!

If i wasn't payed for 6 months like you, no matter what kind of job it is, i would be furious.

Burn your bosses house down to the ground.

Guest sirch

Stay there but don't work too hard if you don't need to - take it easy but stick around. At least until you have another job lined up. Like you say, you would feel dumb if you left them they start raking in the moolah, but if you have another job when/if that happens it wouldn't matter.

this. and give it another 3 months i'd say. or maybe a year.

Guest disparaissant

That's because graphic design is a "cool" subject that everyone wants to study.

dunno about that, most design majors i knew when i was a design major were in it because it's one of the only fine arts degrees that (in theory) have actual jobs you can get.

otherwise, whoo. i spent 4 years painting, can i manage your mcdonalds?

obviously it doesn't work out like that in the end, but that was my rationale, anyways!

Archived