IGNORED

Max MSP Help

Squee

I'm working on a patch for a university project. I don't want to go into too much detail but I need something that can detect BPM. I've already found the beat~ object but just like I was told the object keeps crashing my patch.

So how does one go about and create a patch like this? I guess I would have to use a frequency analyzer or something to detect specific frequencies and then a history object or something. Fuck, I don't know. I'm not very good at Max MSP so go easy on me.

Cool - I'll check it out :)

EDIT: It works! At least, it can register techno music but it's having some trouble registering beats with too many ghost hits. But it'll do for now :)

EDIT2: Alright, now to figure out how to implement the BPM onto a track stretch it to according to the BPM. Fuck.

Guest Synthacat 9

I've always found mixmeister bpm analyzer and ableton live to be fairly decent at calculating bpm, and this is very useful information imho. I've always wanted to learn max, hopefully will be taking a course on jitter sometime in the future. Good luck on the project! Wish I could help in some way :shrug:

I've always found mixmeister bpm analyzer and ableton live to be fairly decent at calculating bpm, and this is very useful information imho. I've always wanted to learn max, hopefully will be taking a course on jitter sometime in the future. Good luck on the project! Wish I could help in some way :shrug:

Yeah, the bpm analyzers in Ableton, Traktor and so on are all pretty much spot on (apart from a few tracks here and there). The reason why I need it done in Max is so I can transform the data real time. I could probably make use of Max For Live but my school hasn't purchased that. Cheap sons of bitches.

Archived