IGNORED

Naive question about foreigners

kakapo

Are the Chinese a happy people? The illegal immigrant in my local chinese supermarket seems quite a stern lady. I know were speaking in the broadest possible generalisations, but it's a serious question.

Yes.

You let a bunch of greasy Italians conquer you, though. That's why you all wear white suits and gesticulate wildly.

In my eyes the Republic has more legitimacy than the current lot of electoral fraudsters. And since I claim descent from Sarmatian knights, my noble lineage is about 1,500 years longer than that inbred German prick (Kate Middleton is only fit if you're more used to your 13 toed cousins). The Queen's equerry hasn't got back to me yet though.

you want to check where that bastard william was born.

The Normans were Vikings who had settled just long enough to adopt a Romance language. Culturally a bit French, but not really.

jr has taken this off topic as usual.

LOL I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the Queen's equerry to reply to your correspondence, eloquent as you might have been (I'm sure you were). I think they've been overheard to say something along the lines of "northern monkeys".

William being a bastard born to some french tart makes him at least half-french, and since the normans had been there for about 200 years at that point..well you get where I'm going. ;)

Excellent thread by the way - most fun I've had in yoinks.:beer:

They way I like to understand it is that we patiently and englishly waited for this semi-frenchman to warm to our culture, and then eventually turned everything back to being full English by assimilating cultures and pretending that's how it had been all along, thus in a way we just passively invaded France without having to do anything so dreadful as go there.

Frightfully good show old chap! That is the ideal way, if one must participate in such drudgery.

Also yes Kakapo - you should have been more thoughtful before offending all the Latin speakers on the board.

Archived