IGNORED

Quick question on ripping digi from vinyl

chassis

So my turntable only plays 33.3rpm. If I was to record a 45 at 33 into audacity and speed it up, will it be different than if I recorded directly at 45rpm?

I could do it and find out but setting up the shit for nothing doesnt sound appealing.

Answer?

Cheers.

Guest spike

it will not be the same, the best you could do is to make sure you change the speed with out effecting the pitch. I've tried adjusting the tempo only and it still is off. See if someone else has already digitized that record?

it will not be the same, the best you could do is to make sure you change the speed with out effecting the pitch. I've tried adjusting the tempo only and it still is off. See if someone else has already digitized that record?

I dunno if audacity has something like this. But ableton actually has a complex tempo change. Where it changes the speed without effecting the pitch. Apparently, dunno if its 100% though.

Obviously finding someone whos already do it is the first choice.

and for those of you who read the question properly, playing a 45 at 33 and then speeding it up by the appropriate percentage will be virually indistinguishable from the recoed having been played at 45 in the first place.

and for those of you who read the question properly, playing a 45 at 33 and then speeding it up by the appropriate percentage will be virually indistinguishable from the recoed having been played at 45 in the first place.

Thank you sir.

Yeah I ripped Utrecht at 33 on accident, and then sped it up to 45 in Audacity to correct it. I compared it to someone else's rip to be sure, and my rip sounded spot-on, so IMO it's workable if it's your only option.

Yeah I ripped Utrecht at 33 on accident, and then sped it up to 45 in Audacity to correct it. I compared it to someone else's rip to be sure, and my rip sounded spot-on, so IMO it's workable if it's your only option.

How much did you have to speed it up by?

135%?

Guest tompty

dont use ableton for this. the warping fucks everything the sound. seriously rapes it. in the ass

dont use ableton for this. the warping fucks everything the sound. seriously rapes it. in the ass

Well Ganus just said Audacity is near perfect so Ill go with that. Plus ableton is iffy with wav's and shit I find.

Guest Coalbucket PI

45 / 33 = 1.3636363636363636363636363636363....

so yes multiply by 136.37ish, and you'd have to be fucking pedant to notice the difference

Guest Coalbucket PI

Good point. completely forgot its 33 and 1/3. Leslie Neilsen would rotate 132% faster in his grave if he found out about this.

Guest Enter a new display name

How much did you have to speed it up by?

135%?

You're majoring in engineering at university and you're unable to calculate the percentage between 45rpm and 33rpm?

Archived