IGNORED

The Witcher 2

delet...

lol wtf.

Poland Gives President Obama The Witcher 2’s Collector’s Edition

President Obama, on a tour of Europe this week, stopped in Poland today to meet with Prime Minister Donald Tusk. As is customary, Tusk presented Obama with several gifts to commemorate his visit. One of those was the collector's edition of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.

The Witcher is not just a Polish-developed video game series, it's based on a series of books by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. So The Witcher is something of a national pride symbol, as well it should be. Fahey reviewed the game for us, and it earned a Kotaku Editor's Choice star.

You having fun with 1. I think i'll just start with 2, i'm not big on playing old games. heh/

even on a current computer its hard to run part 1 completely fluent with highest settings. The graphics are still awesome

I can't get it to install properly on my PC. I'll try to get it to work once my new PC comes in the mail this week. It's a shame they didn't make a console version, for the reason that more people would play it if it was on console. Anyways, once I build my new PC I'll try some more and see how my new ASUS GTX 570 CUII will handle it.

I'm a bit into part 2. I think it has some major flaws. Some of the combat seems to require more trick tactics than actual skill, weird gameplay decision like no potion drinking in battle, some interface quirks and the targetting isn't really my cup of tea. Character building, weapons & armor, crafting etc. is all good though.

But it is very immersive. Very high production values, great music, beautiful art direction, amazing environments with full day and night cycles and some of the best RPG graphics to date. I quite like the story and the way it's told as well.

So although it has some flaws there's a lot of care and passion in the game. I'll take this over any recent Bioware RPG.

Anyways, once I build my new PC I'll try some more and see how my new ASUS GTX 570 CUII will handle it.

Should be fine with that card. I'm running on 2 GTX 470's and can max out everything minus ubersampling.

It's a shame they didn't make a console version

There's a 360 version, it's just not out yet.

Who wants to play on a console anyway, that current generation is so fucking dated now, if they give you the option not to, take it. Not to mention all the other console annoyances, like the input system not being a keyboard & mouse (which you can still use quite comfortably on a couch btw, as all my netting & gaming for the last few years will attest.)

That was a really good review, thanks mate. Also, i shall echo that question, has anyone read the books yet? I think it's cool that a fantasy novel has so transfixed a nation (LOTR notwithstanding, plus, i can't imagine a british PM giving something like that to a dignitary).

Archived