IGNORED

John Carter of Mars

Atop

The first three books in the series are perfectly laid out for films to be made out of each of them. Fun reads, nothing too mind blowing. Lots of interesting allegories against religious superstition from Edgar Rice Burroughs and tons of violence. This film, like many others before it, is a trainwrecked version of the stories it comes from. Thanks Hollywood.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just got released in Japan last Friday the 13th. I saw it on the 14th, I thought it was an amazing film. Unfortunately I had to watch it in 2D, as the 3d version was dubbed into Japanese. I highly recommend seeing it before it is pulled from the cinema in the US (this weekend!).

It would have been better in 2D, it was shot for 2D by the director. Then they got another guy into to do the 3D. I found the 3D just got in the way of the experience.

I did like the film though, and would happily watch it again, at home (i hate sitting in a cinema, no pause button, i need to pee, or am dehydrated because i expected that i would be needing to pee if i hadn't abstained from liquids, stupid primitive cinemas. I can't believe that they used to get an intermission when epics were screened in the 50s. Nowadays they would be cursing the loss of revenue. Forgetting that at the intermission we fuel up. mleh. Wouldn't tempt me out though, my couch rules all.

Archived