IGNORED

Alesis Midiverb 2 power question?

Guest The Bro

Guest Promo

Alright guys I've just purchased an Alesis Midiverb 2 but it came without a power supply. So I understand from a bit of research that is requires a 9v 1000ma AC adapter. The confusion is have is that I found this power supply on Amazon and it says AC to DC so I'm not sure if its right although it has more than enough power to run the Midiverb. Oh here's the link to the adapter on Amazon. https://www.amazon.co.uk/CostMad-Universal-Universally-Voltage-Replacement/dp/B004YBLD1G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1311721261&sr=8-2

Hope you guys can help!

Guest hahathhat

just make sure you get the tip polarity right, and don't pump 40 volts into it on accident. but have a fire extinguisher nearby just to be safe

You'll need a specific AC adapter. From what I've experienced, all Alesis gear requires AC rather than DC, for some reason. Unfortunately AC adapters are a bit more rare!

Guest hahathhat

go to any Maplins store and tell them what you need - they'll sort you out.

ez cashier. i need an ac to ac for me roland

That's still a DC adapter. AC/DC means AC input, DC output. Not sure how to search for one on amazon, perhaps have a look on ebay for alesis power adapters?

Like this one, but suited to your region:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/9-VOLT-POWER-SUPPLY-ADAPTER-9V-AC-AC-SUITS-ALESIS-/110539524800

Doesn't state the rating, but I'd say it'd be the right one, most Alesis gear takes the same power. Just gotta hope that the plug is the same. Probably a safe choice though considering it's for a Midiverb, even though it's a different model to yours.

Archived