IGNORED

Will people pay for signed albums?

Swerm

I have 3 signed four tet albums and i need money. Do you think this would matter or appeal to anyone? Was it just a nice thing for me to have at the time, or will people be interested in a man who make's electronic music writing his name on a CD? Hard to tell isn't it??

well i hope he dies then....don't like his new direction much at all anyway.

keiran hebden is a really nice man anyway, so that was a joke....

no rioting for me thanks...terrifies me.

Guest ruiagnelo

Well, i wouldn't, even after artist's death.

But i know people who would without even thinking about the price.

Don't believe that I wouldn't go out of my way to pay for signed cds or vinyl. I do have a fews cds that are signed by various artists, but they were ones I got from the artists myself and would never consider selling because they hold dear memories. I guess it's a personal thing.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I've never really cared enough to hunt down a signed copy of something but people will probably do it. I don't know about someone like Four Tet though, I'm sure I could get his signature easily if I really wanted it, just by making sure I know what he looks like and hanging around at his gigs.

I've got a T shirt signed by Elbow and they are quite popular these days so I wouldn't mind if they all died in a tragic accident.

I've never really cared enough to hunt down a signed copy of something but people will probably do it. I don't know about someone like Four Tet though, I'm sure I could get his signature easily if I really wanted it, just by making sure I know what he looks like and hanging around at his gigs.

I've got a T shirt signed by Elbow and they are quite popular these days so I wouldn't mind if they all died in a tragic accident.

yeah I wasn't too confident about it, he was signing everyone's stuff haha...and he doesn't exactly have celebrity status...i'll see anyway, might see them up on ebay soon...

i've got signed "the revolution will not be televised" and "the vulture/nigger factory"... a signed adem cd... somewhere... and i used to have a signed kenny dalgliesh liverpool shirt from the 80's but i don't know where it is.

god i hate that band! every last song filthy with feigned melancholy, like dreary hymns with children singing the chorus. eugh!

Guest Coalbucket PI

god i hate that band! every last song filthy with feigned melancholy, like dreary hymns with children singing the chorus. eugh!

I got on with it a bit back in... must have been about 2003 they had that Fallen Angel song that had a certain mopey dirge charm. I've heard their newer stuff and it's okay to be honest but I just wouldn't listen to it. I must have put my address down somewhere on the Reading Festival site because one day they sent me an extra small girls t shirt with BOLLOCKS TO POVERTY and a bunch of scribbled names on it which I threw into one of those back-of-the-door basketball hoops, moved out of my parents house and left it there for nearly a decade like only a real fan would. I've heard their singer on Radio 6 though and he sounds dead boring so he probably won't drown in a limo off his face on PCP or anything... just my fucking luck

Guest 277: 930-933

I've Richie Hawtin's sig on a piece of a pack of cigarettes.

He was still bald when he signed it, maybe it's worth something.

Archived