IGNORED

Record order destruction stories

eh Speedy

Finally saw Stars of the Lid's Carte-De-Visite CD from their 2007 tour up on ebay for $15 buy it now and i was like ok. I buy it and when it shows up it's in this flimsy bubble mailer (which would generally be fine except when the CD case is of the thinnest card sleeve kind). I pull it out and the card sleeve is bend and creased all to shit. I slide the CD out and it's got a big dirty crack it. BITCH. I'd been waiting quite a while to find that at a decent price. unplayable. tossed it out.

I remember once on here somebody got a Joyrex J9 pic disc on a buy it now for $35, then he went to sell it to someone else it showed up at their place shattered. lol, fuck me.

post-627-0-92586400-1318446972_thumb.jpg

Finally saw Stars of the Lid's Carte-De-Visite CD from their 2007 tour up on ebay for $15 buy it now and i was like ok. I buy it and when it shows up it's in this flimsy bubble mailer (which would generally be fine except when the CD case is of the thinnest card sleeve kind). I pull it out and the card sleeve is bend and creased all to shit. I slide the CD out and it's got a big dirty crack it. BITCH. I'd been waiting quite a while to find that at a decent price. unplayable. tossed it out.

I remember once on here somebody got a Joyrex J9 pic disc on a buy it now for $35, then he went to sell it to someone else it showed up at their place shattered. lol, fuck me.

Dude, bummer. I remember the Joyrex pic disc fiasco, what a proper shame that was.

I ordered a Residents record months ago—a compilation of their Buster & Glen and Duck Stab eps, something that I have yet to find used for less than $20. I finally received the record...in packaging which consisted of two flat pieces of corrugated cardboard taped together. The package, as well as the record sleeve, were equally bent to fuck, and after fighting eBay and the buyer, got my money back.

I can only guess how much rarer your failed purchase is though. :wtf:

I payed £20 for Tech Itch - The Rukus off of Discogs. The thing came in a typical white mailer and did have two stiffeners in it. The thing was snapped and just about still attached. You could sort of see where something had been resting on it but it must have been rammed at some stage to bend like that. Bloody Royal Mail. I never did get any compensation from them.

A bloke who used to help out a little bit where I work, used to work at some courier company. This bloke was one of the ones who relished in not working and getting every possible benefit he could. Basically he was a cunt. He used to say that when they got a package with 'Fragile' on it they would deliberately chuck it around and even stamp and tread on it.

I now never put 'Fragile' on anything I send.

Archived