IGNORED

So I'm doing my first live show...

Guest Thisket

Guest thisket

It's small. Just me playing at my school during lunch. but I'm still slightly nervous.

Any suggestions?

Guest disco_epilepsy

record the show and post it here, i'm experimenting with some live things and would like to see how it goes for you

Guest Iain C

If it all goes wrong, just try and make it as loud and unpleasant as possible and laugh at the people who "can't handle it, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan".

Guest Iain C

school 1 Pronunciation (skl)

n.

1. An institution for the instruction of children or people under college age.

2. An institution for instruction in a skill or business: a secretarial school; a karate school.

a. A college or university.

b. An institution within or associated with a college or university that gives instruction in a specialized field and recommends candidates for degrees.

c. A division of an educational institution constituting several grades or classes: advanced to the upper school.

d. The student body of an educational institution.

e. The building or group of buildings housing an educational institution.

4. The process of being educated formally, especially education constituting a planned series of courses over a number of years: The children were put to school at home. What do you plan to do when you finish school?

5. A session of instruction: School will start in three weeks. He had to stay after school today.

a. A group of people, especially philosophers, artists, or writers, whose thought, work, or style demonstrates a common origin or influence or unifying belief: the school of Aristotle; the Venetian school of painters.

b. A group of people distinguished by similar manners, customs, or opinions: aristocrats of the old school.

7. Close-order drill instructions or exercises for military units or personnel.

8. Australian A group of people gathered together for gambling.

tr.v. schooled, school·ing, schools

1. To educate in or as if in a school.

2. To train or discipline: She is well schooled in literature. See Synonyms at teach.

adj.

Of or relating to school or education in schools: school supplies; a school dictionary.

[Middle English scole, from Old English scl, from Latin schola, scola, from Greek skhol; see segh- in Indo-European roots.]

:laughing:

Guest thisket
school?
:laughing: HIGH SCHOOL! :laughing:

But I AM in the 12th grade. God forbid doing it as a charity as an older person.

record the show and post it here

Acoustically or the songs themselves? I think I might set up an old cassette recorder.

And I'll try to stay calm. I'm going to perform boogersnot ambient/doodle songs the day before unannounced. This is all going to be done in the school's art room. It doubles as a social area for me and my friends, sometimes other people.

God forbid doing it as a charity as an older person.

Something tells me you'll be eating those words some day.

Guest disco_epilepsy
record the show and post it here

Acoustically or the songs themselves? I think I might set up an old cassette recorder.

just the songs - i'm in 11th grade myself and may be in the same situation (playing live at school) but all the bands who have played there are dodgy metal bands

doesnt work for everyone...

but personally i take about 4 xanax and drink half a bottle of vodka before i get on stage

Guest sinkfield

but personally i take about 4 xanax and drink half a bottle of vodka before i get on stage

i like getting a bit faded before gigs too, i think its more fun when i forget the arrangements and have to improvise...usually comes out sounding better too

im never newvous before a rave.. as i know nothing can go wrong and when it does i dont get angry about it make sure everyone does know its gone wrong then when its back and kickin i get the audience involved and myself do usually go mental as much as the ravers.

its fun.

Guest thisket

OK. It happened today.

It was quite fun, but only about 30-40 people showed up and were like, "OMG what's this, are they serving cheeseburgers to-day?" and left after a song. Didn't get to do half the songs I wanted, because I leave before lunch these days and lunch has been unknowingly shortened from 45 to 30 minutes and I dicked about too much.

A half of a Xanax helped. I recorded it with an old tape recorder but I fear much banal student mumbling is on it. Might post it soooon.

i like getting a bit faded before gigs too, i think its more fun when i forget the arrangements and have to improvise...usually comes out sounding better too

yeah i agree, plus it helps me get more confident and have a tendency to yell and talk to the crowd which seems to open them up to me as much as i spread eagle to them

Yeah, it must've. By the way, Mr. Acid1, where is your avatar from? I always stare a lot at it.

its blotter art, i found it on some blotter art website a while ago and photoshopped it smaller

its technically a sheet of acid

• 2 weeks later...

Archived