IGNORED

NEED HELP WITH MONITORS

halisray

Hi Guys,

I just bought KRK RPG2 6 and an audiobox usb. I run on a macbook. supposedly i just plug in the interface and plug the 1/4 jacks into the interface/monitors.. for some reason I play a song in itunes and its playing out of my macbook and not my speakers... any ideas? also there are 5 knobs on audiobox: 1, 2, Phones, Mixer and Main. Which controls volume and so forth?

Also, there are 2 knobs in the back of each monitor: volume and HF level adjust... what should these be set to?

please help I'm a total noob lol

thanks!!

ps: when inserting 1/4 TRS cables into the left and right on the interface, is that Left and right when I'm facing them or from their perspective?

go into system preferences > sound and change the audio device to your soundcard. you may also need to set up your card with Audio/MIDI preferences (in utilities) but just google that...

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Ask a music production forum why your sound isn't working when you haven't checked your audio settings in your operating system. Number one way to sound like a noob?

To me it happens quite often that I don't hear anything, check the complete set-up, don't understand it, check it again, don't understand - and than I relalize I haven't turned the monitors on yet :facepalm:

lol i always used to do things like that when i had all my hardware set up...so many things to turn on, check the channels on the mixer aren't muted and the levels are up, make sure the soundcard is all routed properly, check the FX sends and returns and all the rest of it. used to take me about half an hour to get any bloody noises out of anything every time i started a track...

k cool

btw, these monitors are fucking sick... blasting the music and the quality of the sound is just incredible

Also at work I was testing out some Turbosound Milans... almost blew the roof off

Archived