IGNORED

A couple of new tracks

Guest kokeboka

Guest kokeboka

I'm working to get an EP up on bandcamp in January, and these two songs are almost finished up... Your comments and feedback are very welcome - thanks for listening in.

http://soundcloud.com/kokeboka/bff

http://soundcloud.com/kokeboka/like-this

Top notch production. Everything sounded perfect here. The sub in the second track is a bit muddy but I'm almost certain it's SoundCloud's fault.

Out of these two tracks I like the second one best :)

Do you ever make any chilled tunes?

Guest kokeboka

Thanks, I'm glad you both liked them :) I'm gonna try to have another 2 or 3 tracks done by mid-January to wrap up the EP.

Top notch production. Everything sounded perfect here. The sub in the second track is a bit muddy but I'm almost certain it's SoundCloud's fault.

Out of these two tracks I like the second one best :)

Do you ever make any chilled tunes?

Yeah, I've noticed that too about the sub - I'll EQ some of the low end out of it, thanks for the heads up.

I'm not very good at making chilled tunes because I feel my Depeche Mode influence starts to show too much... This track is the mellowest I have so far:

http://soundcloud.com/kokeboka/2-1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure about those vocals, but otherwise I quite like these tracks. I've found that as a rule, the more long and complex a sample is, the less likely you'll want to hear it lots of times, so a hi-hat sample can be repeated ad nauseam whereas a whole snippet of speech gets tiresome pretty quickly.

I like the actual music though, it kinda reminds me of Ochre's A Midsummer Nice Dream. I think you're striking a pretty good balance between how chaotic and how predictable the music is. The arpeggio flourishes are nice too.

Guest kokeboka

I'm not sure about those vocals, but otherwise I quite like these tracks. I've found that as a rule, the more long and complex a sample is, the less likely you'll want to hear it lots of times, so a hi-hat sample can be repeated ad nauseam whereas a whole snippet of speech gets tiresome pretty quickly.

I like the actual music though, it kinda reminds me of Ochre's A Midsummer Nice Dream. I think you're striking a pretty good balance between how chaotic and how predictable the music is. The arpeggio flourishes are nice too.

Thanks! I wasn't familiar with Ochre, I just checked out that track and I really liked it.

I drew a lot of inspiration on these songs from Chicago juke, approaching vocals (and other things) - it can be prone to sounding repetitive if it's not right, which is one of the reasons why these tracks tend to be a bit short. Thanks for the tip about long speech samples, that makes sense. I'll put some thought into how I can better adapt the juke approach to vocals.

Thanks! I wasn't familiar with Ochre, I just checked out that track and I really liked it.

Oh, I meant the whole album! :D I'm not sure if you can still get a CD of it (you can't at Boomkat at any rate), but it's on Bandcamp now. Anyway, your music generally reminds me of that. :)

Archived