IGNORED

Winter Beers

BCM

tonight i have a couple of these:

okocimmocnepusz.jpg

never seen that before. quite a sexy can. any good? is it anything like tyskie?

yeah it's good - more like zywiec than tyskie and it's also much stronger - 7%, but doesn't taste rank like "super strength" lager or anything. couple of cans of this though and you're well on the way....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah isn't that a quebec brewery.. who make maudite, fin du monde, etc...

how is it?

Yeah, that's Unibroue.

I think this one from them is a good winter ale

unibroue-trois-pistoles-21352811.jpg

Has a bit of warming sweetness to it but not cloying. Sort of figgy. Nicely carbonated for a Belgian strong dark ale. Probably my favorite Unibroue.

terrible got me good and drunk when i had it before, i don't remember it being really great like la fin du monde though. for that reason, i will typically only buy la fin du monde when i go unibroue. one of these days i'll get that trois pistoles

anyone have good ayinger recommendations? i fucking love the celebrator, but the last 2 i've tried by them have been pretty meh. i had the dark bavarian lager and something else, just nowhere near as satisfying as celebrator.

i could go for some more hautle beer... his IBA and java porter were awesome and i always see his beer posts and drool uncontrollably

Shared this with the gf last night over desert

Really nice chocolate/cherries combo to it

omegangagain__78554_zoom.JPG

Picked some of this up this weekend, looking forward to it!

Archived