IGNORED

Scarper - Hydromancer

There are lots of great elements in this tune. I think a better structure and stripping it down so it becomes more minimalistic would help it a lot.

The underlying pad is a biiiiiit cheesy. Try and filter it (low pass filter) so It sounds a bit less 80s. The same goes for the bells/chimes in the beginning. I really like the melody and the sound of the synth. I would probably make the kick and snare harder, though to give it that extra punch. Also, don't introduce the hihats until later on. Hihats are incredible. They're so simple yet they do so much.

You need to do something with the synth that comes in at 1.12. I really like the tones it's playing but there's something about the sound. Maybe play with some filter and reverb on that.

The break at 1.57 should only be half the length it is now and then when it kicks back in it should only be the kick, snare, and main synth. If you strip it down like that then I'm sure it'lll be a lot more effective. You know, less is more. Then after a couple of rounds you could make the rest of the tracks pop back in.

I'm listening to this and writing this on my iPhone while on the train so please excuse me if I've missed something or made tons of spelling mistakes.

Archived