IGNORED

Why? - Mumps, etc.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

i do actually feel like this album has been tarnished a little in the way that I heard it. first heard the track from the EP which is on the album. so that stands out on the album. then heard the 1st track. then heard the 2nd track. so now i usually skip to trk 3. I'd much rather have heard it all new at the same time.

streaming quality is fine though. although i use spotify daily so maybe i got used to it

It's 2012... Do you listen to everything on a HiFi system with headphones or something?

Not at all, I just prefer knowing that what I'm listening to is at a decent bit rate. Doesn't mean I don't listen to Spotify sometimes. But I still tend to hold out on new releases, so I guess that combined with unknown quality and I usually prefer to wait.

i do actually feel like this album has been tarnished a little in the way that I heard it. first heard the track from the EP which is on the album. so that stands out on the album. then heard the 1st track. then heard the 2nd track. so now i usually skip to trk 3. I'd much rather have heard it all new at the same time.

I didn't realize Sod in the Seed was on the album, wish I hadn't played it so much now. Oh well, it's just one song, I haven't heard the others.

This reminds me of Pinback though, I'm a huge fan and have been anticipating their new album for a long time. They released two 7"s on Record Store Day the last few years, great tracks. Then they announce their new LP this year and two of those tracks are on the album of 10 songs. I was a bit disappointed, having waited 5 years for a new album. Then they've previewed 3 additional songs since then, and the album's still not out. I haven't listened to a single one of them though, the two other ones I've heard a dozen times each are enough of a spoiler for me.

I wish this album was longer. The last two have felt very solid and appropriately timed to me. This one feels a little thin yet leaves me wanting more by the time it's over. I've picked out a few favorite tracks so far but can't remember their names, guess I need to pay more attention to the track list when listening. One or two tracks don't do much for me, not melodic enough or something. Not sure I like the female singing on that one track. And I wish I hadn't heard "Sod in the Seed" so many times already. I've enjoying the album though, looking forward to it growing on me some more.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived