IGNORED

Why? - Mumps, etc.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

I always want to like Why? more than I actually do. I love Yoni in Clouddead and Reaching Quiet, but the Why? stuff always veers a little too far into indie rock for me. I'll check it out though.

This album is supposed to be more beat/rap heavy. but it is also supposed to be more intimate so not quite sure what to expect except we heard seed in the sod which is kinda poppy and rapped. for me why? can do no wrong.

Guest interr0bangr

I always want to like Why? more than I actually do. I love Yoni in Clouddead and Reaching Quiet, but the Why? stuff always veers a little too far into indie rock for me. I'll check it out though.

Exactly my feelings. Only Why? album I truly enjoy and own is Alopecia, everything else has it's moments but ends up being either too weird or too folksy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

how dare you!

i noticed on the web store they are selling the mumps demos on cassette tape. loved the alopecia demos. but do not have a tape player anymore (got some tapes though..). have to hear anyway as i reckon the finished album is a bit clean/poppy and this will be more like it

Everything post-alopecia has not interested me in the least, but this sounds like a big improvement from Eskimo Snow and Sod in the Seed.

i thought eskimo snow was solid. on multiple listens to the new one i prefer eskimo still.

sod in the seed was ok although that was one track about the policeman asking them to switch driving gets stuck in my head and plays over and over and i don't even like that song.

also i hate the "chorus" of white english. lost in translation...ok. otherwise like that track alot. picky? perhaps. but it doesn't bode well for repeat listens

if you liked seed in the sod you'll love mumps etc

and btw its streaming in full (link above) - so no need for the leak

Oh right, thanks for the link. I might just hold off though, I'm weary of stream quality, sucks that just about every album lately is being streamed pre-release, hard to resist and I don't generally want the lower quality to be my first experience.

Archived