IGNORED

Decibel Festival 2012

sidewinder

DECIBAL FESTIVAL *9

September 26-30 in Seattle, WA

DECIBEL FESTIVAL IS AN ANNUAL FESTIVAL OFELECTRONIC MUSIC, PERFORMANCE, VISUAL ART ANDNEW MEDIA IN SEATTLE .

http://dbfestival.com/showcases/

Clark is coming!!! And dammit he's playing the same night as Dabrye. I may also go see Tipper. Machinedrum plays the same night/venue as Clark so I'll probably see him too.

Many many other artists playing too, but one or two is enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I went last year, it sucked, all the showcases had over lapping relevant artists, so for every Dabrye you'd have five weak someones best friend type of thing. Too bad, they do manage to get a killer line up but fuck up on the scheduling. looks the same this year.

i suppose if you lived in Seattle, this might be pretty awesome however, i traveled in, thus the major disappoint.

• 4 weeks later...

hot damn, just noticed this! not going to be buying a festival pass, but I will hopefully be attending the full warp showcase. cannot fucking wait for machinedrum.

edit: is anyone else from watmm going? I haven't gotten the chance to properly meet any other watmmers yet, so I'd like to get a coffee or something with anyone else that's going to this.

Guest cult fiction

Pretty sure I'll be going to at least a few shows... lineup looks great this year.

Most likely:

Warp showcase

Surefire presents (for Kuedo/Objekt)

Ghostly International

Guest cult fiction

edit: is anyone else from watmm going? I haven't gotten the chance to properly meet any other watmmers yet, so I'd like to get a coffee or something with anyone else that's going to this.

I just bought a ticket for the warp showcase and would be up for a watmm meetup beforehand. I suggest Bedlam Coffee just down the street(open 'till 10 and delicious).

just bought a ticket too. I'd be down for that. I'm coming into town by bus at 8, and will probably just be hanging around the venue until the show starts (or until machinedrum starts, depending on the quality of the DJ.)

be on the lookout for a red beard and a dj stingray t-shirt

I didn't go see Clark and Machinedrum. :dry:

When I remembered yesterday that Clark didn't go on till 12:30am, and that I had to wake up early for an 8am conference call today, I said "fuck it, I'm too old for that shit."

Saw Demdike Stare do a re-scoring to a Vampire film, Robert Henke created some teleportative soundscapes, Machinedrum did footwerk to the max (which was awesome), Jimmy Edgar was really flowing/great energy, and Clark was highlight for me with some new stuff, Turning Dragon! stuff and some Totems too. Clark was more energetic than I thought he would be. Going to see Andy Stott and few others tonight

I got some video of stuff too, so ill upload it to youtube or something. Not a whole lot of footage but some snippets.

machinedrum killed it. someone had better have recorded that, cause I need to hear that set again. City Star VIP was insane, as was the jungle & footwork section near the end.

clark was good, but I didn't really care for his synth noodling that much. didn't really fit with a lot of the music. also, like I said in the Fantasm Planes thread, his new stuff is too slow to dance to. even clark just lurched around on stage to the beat

edit: I really liked his visuals though. huge improvement over the resident vj's.

Yeah the jungle with Machinedrum was dope. It's awesome hearing new music, didn't recognize anything he played and it was consistently good. Clark was less intense but it was the icing on the cake for me. He seemed like he was enjoying it as well. I had a few rum and cokes though and was wearing sunglasses at that point because Jimmy's lights were really bright.

Guest W32MyDoom

I didn't make it to Decibel, but I did see Orbital last night in Portland.

Whenever I saw someone with an Aphex Twin shirt I wondered if they were a watmmer.

I am that guy, but in seattle/ northwest corner of washington.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

Whenever I saw someone with an Aphex Twin shirt I wondered if they were a watmmer.

And how was it??

Guest W32MyDoom

And how was it??

Orbital was great, very good crowd too.

Archived