IGNORED

Antivirus software recommendations

Guest ruiagnelo

That's what I used to say until i got some virus from a USB flash drive that I used on another computer.

Also many times you don't know you're infected unless you run a scan or your system is already fuckt up beyond repair. So i find software like Malwarebytes generally useless.

Malwarebytes isn't useless at all.

My good old desktop computer from 2003 or something once died completely. I couldn't do anything since my mouse and keyboard took MINUTES to react to input, and my CPU usage was stuck at 100% because of all kinds of weird exe files running on start-up. The only thing that worked was the on/off button. it was super crazy scary.

So, I launched Windows in safe mode, installed this Malwarebytes software which quickly identified the issue, and then my computer was back to normal. So don't say it doesn't work. It totally does.

yeah, malwarebytes is amazing at getting rid of shit that already is infecting. i've saved so many computers (none mine of course) by launching safe mode, running MWB, and restarting.

Guest ruiagnelo

yeah, i'm sick of avira's ads, i just installed the microsoft one.

which system are you running?

also, what about that new one so far?

yeah, i'm sick of avira's ads, i just installed the microsoft one.

which system are you running?

also, what about that new one so far?

windows 7 64 bit

the new one as in microsoft one? it seems ok, did an update and a system scan. looks like it could be good.

I use to use Sophos but got tired of it hounding my computer start up time I went to Avast. So far so go. AVG didn't do too well for me, or lets say for those that had it and got infected with it installed.

To clean out already infected machines I do praise the use of MalwareBytes, SuperAntispyware, ComboFix, and HijackThis.

Every software on my computer is pretty much open source at this point..

Honest question with no judgement: why even use windows if this is the case?

Guest ruiagnelo

Every software on my computer is pretty much open source at this point..

Honest question with no judgement: why even use windows if this is the case?

fair question.

i like to keep my computer running well and with less shit as possible, that's why i use a lot of open source software.

Some i can't replace, as autocad for example, due to being used to work with it.

Others i just don't have the time to investigate and experiment, to compare, and to get the one that's most suitable, like the operative system.

If i could i would change to an operative system with only the absolute basic things and no microsoft bullshit

Archived