IGNORED

Travel By Clouds

747Music

Hey folks, I've scrapped the name 747Music as someone else is using that name, and it's not the best name in the first place. Anyways, I figured I'd gain a bit of an audience if I started a facebook page to share my tunes. Add me if you get the chance. Just search for Travel By Clouds. the email is 747Music747@gmail.com

No tunes are up yet, but there will be a few uploaded by the end of the month.

Also, if anyone has tips as to working facebook and soundcloud together, I'd much appreciate it.

All or most of my new stuff will appear in this thread.

Cheers. :)

pretty cool, but that Square wave really killed it for me. other than that i love it.

I agree with this, that said if you could make the square wave a bit harsh it would totally work. This has quite a Brian Eno feel to it... but it's also reminding me of something else i can't quite put my finger on... hmm

• 3 weeks later...

I think the 2nd one has a lot of cool stuff going on. I don't think the sidechaining adds anything and actually think it takes away from the piece. (Maybe if it just sidechained the pads?) The pattern change at the end is cool. I like the sounds.

Guest Frankie5fingers

to be honest, this doesnt really grab me like your other stuff usually does. but it does have some really cool sounds in it. and i agree with A/D, the side chaining really didnt add much and probably took more away than added from the overall song.

Thanks for listening. :)

It's settled then, I'll limit the side chaining to the pads/strings only.

I think for the end I'll go with a pitch bend from normal to dropped an octave or two. You know, kind of like a record stopping. good idea?

Guest Frankie5fingers

dont ask just do. i find that wasting time whether or not i should do something with a song i could have done 2 or 3 different things. just keep messing with it until you hear something you absolutely love. pitch bending it could sound awesome, or it could sound bad. but you wont know until you try.

Guest LucidVibes

Kawagama Lake: I really love the pads here, brings up very deep emotions. The scene I get is I'm in a woods with snow looking at everything suspended in it's timeless beauty... When the 'square' wave comes in its like some kids or something come past ice skating over the frozen lakes in wholly hats and gloves makin cricles... haha,,, nice track.

Sounds better. I quite like the flanged percussion, too.

also the build towards the end is sweet

Thanks!

Kawagama Lake: I really love the pads here, brings up very deep emotions. The scene I get is I'm in a woods with snow looking at everything suspended in it's timeless beauty... When the 'square' wave comes in its like some kids or something come past ice skating over the frozen lakes in wholly hats and gloves makin cricles... haha,,, nice track.

Thank you. That's a pretty cool visualization. Thanks for sharing it.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Sorry for the delay. I haven't really been making anything new lately. until today that is. Here is my newest:

Nebula Passage

https://soundcloud.com/747music-1/travel-by-clouds-nebula

Hope you like. :)

Once I get home tonight I'll take a gander through YLC to see what all of you have been up to. Can't wait!

Cheers

Thanks Frankie!

Here is one I just whipped up. I made it for my folks. It's an ambient piece.

Daryl and Sabine

https://soundcloud.com/747music-1/travel-by-clouds-daryl-and

I like the voice-like pad it opens with; nicely textured, though I'd dirty it up a bit more, along with the piano. If you ever find yourself near a real instrument it'd probably be a good idea to record all the notes and chop them into individual samples rather than relying on a piano VST which sounds artificial (especially on the repeated notes) unless that's the aesthetic you're going for...

This piece is reminiscent of 'Animal Rights'-era ambient Moby.

Thanks goiter. I really wish I had a piano. These vsts will have to do for now.

Here is another one, similar to Nebula Passage. This one is called:

Hidden Glaxy

https://soundcloud.com/747music-1/travel-by-clouds-hidden-galaxy

Hope you like it.

Listening to the first tune, I do dig the triangle synth,

although , if I may try to see it from the perspective of someone who doesnt dig this combination;

'ambient'-pads with a triangle-synth, its a bit combining 2 different worlds. Triangle-synth for me is verry 70's 80's , even though its still used alot today. And the ambient pads would be lets say, less electronic and of a later decenia...well thats not really true either but, you know what Im saying (?)

listening to snow patrol; luv this stuff , 70's 80's instrumental synthesizer music, verry nice, basic but good.

(You added a slightly change of mood in the second part, I didnt think that was needed)

Nebula passage: again good 70's - 80's vibe, synthchoice and textures. Nice creation off suspence there. Pretty cinematic.

On your last tune: my fav so far I think. Basic yet melodic, I dig.

On your Darryl and Sabine track, I wouldev added an extra piano layer one Bar lower than those now present.The pads are low, the piano is high, I would add that extra piano layer as something in between.

The violin-like synth at 01:00 is a tiny bit too loud (imo) and is slightly to the left...ow ok the lower strings are at the right, my bad.

Nice solid mood and vibe, your best so far really. It also could/should be longer imo ,it has enough potential for shure.

If I may comment on your facebookpage ; you shouldnt put so much pics of yourself. If people come to your page its for the music , I would add only or mostly artwork, artistic pics of your gear, pics related to the music. More pics of space and synths.

Thanx for sharing and for the opportunity to criticise.

Cheers

Daryl and Sabine and Hidden Galaxy sound awesome. great work dude!

Thanks Frankie. :)

Listening to the first tune, I do dig the triangle synth,

although , if I may try to see it from the perspective of someone who doesnt dig this combination;

'ambient'-pads with a triangle-synth, its a bit combining 2 different worlds. Triangle-synth for me is verry 70's 80's , even though its still used alot today. And the ambient pads would be lets say, less electronic and of a later decenia...well thats not really true either but, you know what Im saying (?)

listening to snow patrol; luv this stuff , 70's 80's instrumental synthesizer music, verry nice, basic but good.

(You added a slightly change of mood in the second part, I didnt think that was needed)

Nebula passage: again good 70's - 80's vibe, synthchoice and textures. Nice creation off suspence there. Pretty cinematic.

On your last tune: my fav so far I think. Basic yet melodic, I dig.

On your Darryl and Sabine track, I wouldev added an extra piano layer one Bar lower than those now present.The pads are low, the piano is high, I would add that extra piano layer as something in between.

The violin-like synth at 01:00 is a tiny bit too loud (imo) and is slightly to the left...ow ok the lower strings are at the right, my bad.

Nice solid mood and vibe, your best so far really. It also could/should be longer imo ,it has enough potential for shure.

If I may comment on your facebookpage ; you shouldnt put so much pics of yourself. If people come to your page its for the music , I would add only or mostly artwork, artistic pics of your gear, pics related to the music. More pics of space and synths.

Thanx for sharing and for the opportunity to criticise.

Cheers

Thanks for listening Skip. I'm glad you enjoyed my work. And thank you for all the constructive criticism. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

I see what your saying about the electronic sound along with a more organic sounding ambience in Kawagama Lake, but combining two different worlds was exactly what I was trying to do. I'm happy with the outcome. Glad to see you are too. After going back to the song once Frankie and Serg didn't like the waveform, I tried other synths. I ended up liking my triangle wave the best after all.

As for my facebook page. I don't use it. It's a lost cause. I just use my regular facebook page to post my tunes. More people hear it that way. Plus, I don't remember my password and am too lazy to password reset a page that I don't really use. lol.

Thanks again Skip. :)

Archived