IGNORED

Travel By Clouds

747Music

Nebula Passage is really really really good.

I'm on my phone atm., so I can't be bothered to go super in-depth.

It's good!

Thank you so much. I'm glad you liked it. I'm working on a new one that has a similar feel to it (1980s space exploration sound). But alas, I'm at my parents place for the weekend. So I'll continue working on it come Monday.

Thanks again. :D

Guest The Bro

Just commenting about the 1st tune. I really like it. Makes me wanna do an ambient tune lol. I agree with others that the triangle wave sounds a little harsh set against the other sounds though.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is one I did today. It is still following the 80s sci-fi feel as the last few songs are. I wanted something simple as a close to the project, and this is what I came up with:

Sun Flare

Sounds cool, but for the shorter notes on the lead, I'd use legato, cause the attack makes them seem kind of weak. I do like the Blade Runner feel. The held note at the end is kind of bland, too... I'd probably do something to it instead of just holding it, fuck with it somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks FPS!

Here is one I finished today. Keep in mind that it is not mastered yet. For instance, the claps are too quiet right now. I just want to see what you guys think of this song and get any suggestions I can so I can finalize it.

Slingshot The Moon

https://soundcloud.com/747music-1/travel-by-clouds-slingshot-the

Hope you like it.

Got a few more in the works coming soon. Will post after the weekend is over as I'm pretty busy right now. Maybe I'll squeeze some more work in before I go to bed tonight. We'll see...

Can't edit my last post... anyways Slingshot The Moon is updated now to the mastered version. Percussion and lead synth volume is fixed. Hope you like it. :)

I really don't like that I can't edit my posts. What's the reasoning behind that?

So I just whipped together a song that I forgot I had almost finished a few days ago. It's not my best work by any means but I'm still happy with it.

Neon

https://soundcloud.com/747music-1/travel-by-clouds-neon

Guest redvenicerecords

Have you been listening to blade runner again. It was ok, but you want to hear this type of style done really well check it kuedo's serverant album.

Thanks for the suggestion. Cool stuff!

Here is an 80s-esque synth popy song. It's super cheesy! I had a TON of fun working on it.

Powertrip

Did no one like Powertrip? No cheese connoisseurs? I'm thinking of making something similar to it. Just have to get the mind flowing with 80's jive. More to come in a little while.

Listened to that one earlier. Can't really say what you should add, since I prefer when tracks like this are kept simple. The piano or whatever it is around 1:10 was a bit weird though. Didn't really fit in with the other sounds.

With that said, I think it would be quite good as it is + a little longer.

Guest Frankie5fingers

Listened to that one earlier. Can't really say what you should add, since I prefer when tracks like this are kept simple. The piano or whatever it is around 1:10 was a bit weird though. Didn't really fit in with the other sounds.

i gotta agree. i would have it stay as is for like another 2-3 mins. very cool

Yeah, I agree with Friendly Foil. A simple piano could work but the one you're using sounds too midi-ish/plastic-ish.

If I was you I would probably remove all the low frequencies from that bass stab you've got and add a phat sub bass to play along with the stab instead. Also a nice deep 4/4 kick would be awesome. In other words, you could easily turn this into a nice dubby track :)

Thanks for listening guys. The piano was an idea I had for the song early in it's production along with some other sounds that didn't "make the cut". I'm gonna have to find a better piano vst. Any recommendations? Maybe I should buy a field recorder, cuz a friend of mine has a piano that I could use, if I were to stop by. But perhaps I should remove the piano all together. We'll see.

I'll play around with the EQ on that "bass stab" and take out the low frequencies as mentioned, and see if it sounds better. I'll also look into extending and fleshing it out a bit more.

Thanks for the feedback fellas. It's much appreciated. :)

Guest Frankie5fingers

maybe you could replace the piano with a sine wave, some verb, and delay. it makes for good ambient melodies.

• 2 weeks later...

I've worked on Faster Than Light a little more today. But It's still no where near completion. I also started a new song that is as close to Devo as I've come yet. I'm thinking of putting lyrics into this new one. Anyway, give it a listen and please speak your mind so I can get more ideas to fix and patch things up a bit.

Our Work Here Is Done

https://soundcloud.com/747music-1/travel-by-clouds-our-work-here

:beer:

Archived